Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Global Illumination (Changing Color?)

I was wondering if it was possible to change the color of the global illumination. So, I am looking at running a game where the characters start off in a space station that is about to come crashing to Earth. I would like there to be red emergency lighting. Is that possible?  A connected question: is it possible to build light sources (torches, flashlights, etc...) with different color light?
There is a suggestion you could add your vote and comments to: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1396701/different-colors-to-dynamic-lighting-and-light-sources" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1396701/different-colors-to-dynamic-lighting-and-light-sources</a> In the meantime, you can use red token auras or apply a red tint to your map graphics as a rough workaround.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
+1 the red token aura. I'd suggest using a transparent png image for the aura token. Make the large reddish aura visible to all players and a second 0ft aura in another color (like yellow) visible only to you. That way you can see it to delete/move it later, but the players will not see a random token floating on the map. Put the token on the map layer so you don't accidentally select it.&nbsp;&nbsp;
OK. So I have tried the "transparent" token with a red aura. It does come out to roughly what I was thinking (not perfect, but that's fine), but I have a problem. The only way for the PCs to see the Aura is to have the token on the Token Layer, the aura does not show up for the players if it is on the GM Layer or Map layer. Having it on the Token Layer means the PCs can see the token.Transparent or not, when I switch over to "Join as Player" I can see the token clear as day. How do I make is so they can see the aura but not the token?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you are using a totally transparent image for the token, the only thing visible should be the aura.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I would create a dummy account and invite yourself to that game, then log in and see what you see from that account. The "Join as Player" option is a little weird sometimes, and doesn't always give a true "player" perspective. That may not be your issue, but would be a good troubleshooting step.
Kraynic: It is a fully transparent image (as far as I know, I don't know if there is a way to check that). David: I was wondering about that. Doing that would also teach me how to invite people as I have never done that and really don't know how.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is an&nbsp; Invisible Token . The following posts contain half a dozen uses for it.
That Nick O video was the one I used to learn this trick - and get the token (I followed the same steps he did in searching for the token). I will try that token and then try the dummy account method.