Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't drag spells from compendium to character sheets - Pathfinder 1st edition

My players and I have been having a strange issue over the last few days. none of us can pull spells from the compendium into a character sheet. When we try, it hangs for a while then does nothing, then if we try again the spells tab turns into a "charactermancer" tab and is blank. We're using the Pathfinder by Roll20 sheet for the campaign, and I am a plus account, but I'm the only one. The problem is also happening in all our campaigns (we have 3 campaigns running in the group, but different dm's for each game) and its the same in all of them. Also doesn't work for NPC's either. Anyone have a solution? we've tried copying characters, we've tried copying campaigns, we've tried turning the "use level 1 charactermancer for new characters" to no, we've tried clearing the chat archive. We're running out of ideas here. 
Same issue, have tried pretty much everything I can think of, clearing cache, copying characters. It affects all the games I am a part of.

Edited 1598028103
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This seems to be the same bug as reported in this other thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9096014/sheets-broken" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9096014/sheets-broken</a> I made a bug report on behalf of these two thread through the web form , and linked both thread in it as very likely describing the same issue. Three people &amp; multiple campaigns reported in a short time isn't likely a coincidence. (Tried to replicate this bug on the 5e sheet but this didn't happen) In the future, it's recommended to use the web form to report bugs instead of the forums, unless you think help form fellow players/users might solve your issue. They are largely not keeping a close eye on the bug reports on the forums, apart from the pinned megathreads.
I am also having this issue.&nbsp; Tried creating a new character from scratch, still had this issue.&nbsp; Oddly, dragging a feat form the Compendium worked.&nbsp; Dragging a spell from the Compendium just turned the screen blank.
Same problem. Any solution?

Edited 1598490538
Also having this issue, though I take it there is not an update
No solution yet.&nbsp;

Edited 1598564227
So holy fuck my group been having this problem. I did an absolute shitload of testing on this. SOOOO My character was an Oracle which was not preloaded into roll 20. Clicked Charactermancer once and never could drag and drop again couldn't figure out why. GM gave me new sheets. STILL could not drag and drop. Tried every browser no change. Cleared cache and removed all apps and all extensions and firewalls. No luck. Experimenting continues. Started Charactermancer again. New character was able to drag and drop spells in BUUUUUT only of the class originally marked as the charactermancer class. For example could not put on Divine favor on Sorcerer but i could drag enlarge person over. I have concluded it was a problem with the charactermancer which once touched broke everything. New sheets never before edited now say "completed" under charactermancer. If you tried to drag and drop off a "custom" in character it would just freeze after trying "Update Global spells list" or some crap. Also every single character sheet I had seemed to default to the last made "charactermanced" spell list character even if it was a blank sheet beforehand. I have currently last made a "Cleric" oracle with the required spellcasting wisdom stat and gave my self a negative modifier on every skill/save related to it to equal my correct wisdom. I can drag and drop things but I dare not change my spell casting modifier (charisma from wisdom) as it breaks the sheet and i can no longer drag and drop. Pathfinder 1E only problem it appears. My 5e game runs great but also i refuse to run charactermancer there as it seems as terrible as it always was

Edited 1598634244
I'm having the same issue, both in Firefox and Chrome.&nbsp; Interestingly, if you make a new character, go through the charactermancer, and add spells that are for the class, then it does work.... but if you add a spell that is not for the class, it breaks the sheet, and takes you to the charactermancer screen.&nbsp;&nbsp; I think I submitted a bug report and send my console data, but I really don't know. EDIT: With more research, this seems to have something to do with adding spells that are not designed specifically for characters that have run through the Charactermancer.&nbsp;&nbsp; I made up a test bard, went through the Charactermancer process, and was able to add spells specific to Bard, but when I tried to drag Fireball in, it went to a blank screen.&nbsp;&nbsp; I think the issue was that it used to go to a selection screen, that asked, which level you wanted to drop the "foreign" spell in.&nbsp;&nbsp; Here is the screen I get bounced to.
Correct I had forgotten to mention that as well. Basically all my sheets on my account became the last "charactermanced" spell list. When i changed my "Cleric" oracle spell casting to Charisma from Wisdom it stopped working. In explanation of the other character sheets. When you are looking at the character sheet of A blank "edit character sheet directly" sheet when you try to drag and drop a spell it goes from tabs showing (Bio &amp; Info, Character and Attributes and Ability) to (Bio &amp; Info, Charactermancer and Attributes and Ability) while also turning blank. This is why I believe it to be an issue with Charactermancer.
yeah, its for sure an issue with charactermancer, but what do we do about it? I've got a game running that's using the mythic system and an I have an arcanist that knows every arcane spell, because of the mythic power, and so they need to drag spells out a -lot-
I am also encountering this issue. Spell compendium drag &amp; drop works fine when on the NPC/Monster sheet, but when using the PC charactermancer the page goes blank and requires closing and re-opening the character sheet to restore any other functions. On another thread someone mentioned that the charactermancer sheet USED to ask you what level you wanted to import the spell as, but that it recently stopped doing that - confirming that I remember you dragging spells TO a particular level or SLA section, but now you can only drop spells and let the sheet determine what level to make it.
My groups are having the same issues, but weirdly some spells used to work, but as of today none have worked when trying to drag and drop spell. even on sheet where we "edit sheet directly". Has there been a fix yet?
I've yet to find a fix
Same problem. When I pull the spell from the compendium, the sheet has a pop up that say something like 'accepting drop from compendium' but then nothing happens after I drop the spell. Works fine on NPC sheets though.
My players are having this same issue. It's very annoying.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Seems to work for me in a quick test (they did fix the issue that started this thread).&nbsp; One quirk of the sheet is that if you drag/drop a spell onto the sheet, but don't have any spell slots of that level on the casting grid to the left of the spell list, it will be hidden on your sheet.&nbsp; So, you can drag Cure Serious Wounds onto a cleric that has active spells per day for levels 1 and 2, but it will be hidden on the sheet until you enable level 3 spells on the casting grid.&nbsp; If you haven't put in any spells known or per day for any level of spell, then even cantrips you have dragged in will be hidden until you tell the sheet you can cast some.