Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Pre-order D&D 2024 now and get an exclusive bonus, only on Roll20!
Create a free account

Animated Profile Pic Question

Hello, I am some what new to roll20, playing in a friends campaign. I am also obsessed with customization and getting the most out of this experience. Today I created a custom animated gif avatar for the game(which works fine). I noticed that if you go to account and profile, you can change your profile picture on roll 20 and it applies it in game. I saw they accept gif format, thus I created an animated avatar portrait to match my character token. However, I can't seem to get the portrait to animate in game or out. Am I missing a setting or something, or is it not possible? Here are my files
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think animated gifs are supported in the forums, at least not for profile pics.
What I mean to say is how do I animate this dear sir? It is loaded from your general account photo. 
I see people selling in the market place "animated avatar" portraits..so I assume their must be a way unless they are mislabelling what are intended to be tokens
an example from the market place&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/4282/pixels-animated-portraits-2" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/4282/pixels-animated-portraits-2</a>
I have to assume the portraits aren't intended to be tokens because they have actual figures for each portrait
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Those are definitely intended as tokens. The avatar profile pic doesnt support animated gifs. Bear in mind that animated gifs are a subtype of gif. Not all gifs are animated.
I know you are well intended in trying to be helpful, but I am aware that not all gif's are animated. Regardless, perhaps these aught to be enabled, at least gameside, then? Either way, seems this is a lost cause. Thanks Gigs and Keith