Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Syrinscape Integration

Score + 92
During the last round table you said you would be interested in working with syrinscape.   Here is there response We are always open to other programs using Syrinscape's inbuilt third-party integration API to make gaming more immersive. If you regularly speak to the team or know one of their devs then definitely tell them to get in touch with us so we can discuss how it all works.
Syrinscape Online allows you to control the playing of sounds merely by entering a particular URL. You could add this URL to one of your GM handouts/notes and click on the link at the appropriate time to play that particular sound/mood. Using the offline player (like the Syrinscape Fantasy player) would be more difficult, since your favourite web browser would have to implement the code to interact with the player's "inbuilt third-party integration API". Maybe somebody can write a browser extension to do this?
Yes. Any method that can call a URL or system call can control the Syrinscape sounds: triggering MOODs, or setting off a OneShot sound, even adjusting volumes and things, pretty much anything that is normally possible through the web-based UI. There's actually a whole solid REST API, so lots is possible. :-) (and yes, all this is best done using the Online Player - not the offline player)
I realize the online player is one option, but it means getting everyone to install it and run it, which is one more step where you will lose people. The ability to play moods via URL is also cool, but for action-related sounds, it would be great to have a way for Syrinscape sounds to go directly into the Roll20 environment.
I was thinking of a version of the syrinscape online player built into Roll20.   So you can access your music and sound effects right thought the each game.
On this topic, have you seen:&nbsp; <a href="https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/fantasy-grounds-syrinscape-sound-links-a-testimonial/10101" rel="nofollow">https://forum.syrinscape.com/t/fantasy-grounds-syrinscape-sound-links-a-testimonial/10101</a> It is a very cool integration where events in the chat of the game trigger one-shot sounds. This would be so awesome, even before the full integration of Syrinscape. I am using the online player in my games now and uptake by players has been better than expected (not 100%) but the challenge of hitting oneshot buttons when you are very busy like during a combat is still a thing.
Aniond said: I was thinking of a version of the syrinscape online player built into Roll20.&nbsp; &nbsp;So you can access your music and sound effects right thought the each game. Yes! This ^. Please.
I'd be happy with any solution but with the weblinks Syrinscape has you wouldn't think it would be such a big issue to whitelist syrinscape's links to go through.&nbsp; I've tested and I can use both the Syrinscape offline player and online player simultaneously on my own machine to push sound through Discord.&nbsp; I prefer the offline player but I don't mind having both running on my machine if it means macros with weblinks generate one shot sounds through Discord to my players so they don't have to install the player and I can focus on running the game and just changing ambience on Syrinscape once in a while. If you google, people have been asking for this for over 5 years so I don't think they have any intention of doing it but if minds ever change it looks like Syrinscape has made it dead simple to allow it to happen.
+1
+++++++1
Hi everyone, As a high school teacher running a D&amp;D club, using audio with Syrinscape has been fantastic. Since I've been using Roll20 as the VTT, we have been missing the these features that Jukebox just does not compare to. However, Syrinscapes online player is clunky and students do not want to download more software on their personal computers, and the school will not allow for the extra downloads. I have not heard any real reason why Roll20 would not integrate with Syrinscape, especially when Fantasy Grounds (a competitor) already has. I hope Roll20 reconsiders soon...
I would also like to know why. We're paying for this service and it is rather clunky by comparison to the other vtt. Personally, I'm loyal to my first brand to a fault, im starting to see this faults. There's been no reason not to work with syrinscapeto integrate it other than greed at this point. Extremely disappointed and disappointing
Great suggestions all, but you have to understand that this forum is only for suggestions.&nbsp; They never intend to implement anything on here.&nbsp; They are still elbow deep, 1 year later, on the Updated Dynamic Lighting and it is still broke.&nbsp; And we all have been playing with a broken product for 2 years since they broke AFOW and Global Lighting.&nbsp; Just my 2 cents.
I'd rather not see this die like so many other threads about Syrinscape.&nbsp; I use it in all my games.&nbsp; I DM 4 a week here now.&nbsp; Being able to integrate those weblinks into a macro would be soooo nice.
Fourteenth this.
Here is hoping
If/When Syrinscape or a similar soundboard is made available for Roll20 it will be a game-changer for emersion on the virtual tabletop.
Just posting here in the forlorn hope that we are heard. Foundry just got a neato Syrinscape module&nbsp; <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/FoundryVTT/comments/qz6h7c/syrincontrol_a_new_module_to_control_syrinscape/" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/FoundryVTT/comments/qz6h7c/syrincontrol_a_new_module_to_control_syrinscape/</a> &nbsp;and I have to say that the complete lack of even being heard here does make me wonder whether it is time to make a move, as painful as that is.
Yup, I don't DM as much as I used to but would still love to see this.&nbsp; The only reason for it not to be here has to be political at this point.&nbsp; :(
Webhook integration (both in chat and in the journal editor) would be helpful for integration with a number of external tools. From looking at the Suggestions &amp; Ideas forums, I can see this enabling useful integrations with Discord, Spotify, Syrinscape, etc. Allowing chat to be configured to automatically hit a particular Webhook in a hidden IFRAME on chat events would allow these events to be reflected in a separate Discord chat. Similarly, inbound webhooks on the roll20 side could allow a Discord chatbot to trigger rolls and similar actions as a result of chat happening on the Discord side. On the journal editor side, the ability to add a link / button as a webhook (so it directs a hidden IFRAME to a URL and either ignores the result or somehow reflects when the IFRAME has successfully loaded with an HTTP 200) and ideally to replace an authorisation token in the URL would allow for DM's or content producers to intersperse Syrinscape / Spotify hooks in content (without having to close tabs that pop open with the current linking approach).
Thought I'd drop a comment in here and upvote this. Syrinscape has transformed my CoS campaign. Integrations would be awesome for this.
I am using Syrinscape Offline and loving it however it is awkward at best because I can't trigger sounds from within Roll20. Currently I am am streaming Syrinscape and voice to my players via Discord. Please integrate Syrinscape and/or other third party sound boards into Roll20.
Bumping this idea up, especially now that Syrinscape released their WEB Player now it is simply a matter of someone doing the coding for this to work out.
Siveron
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am also jumping on this! we NEED this integration!!
If you tally up all the threads over the years asking for this, it's probably one of the most sought after things at Roll20, but never gets the love.
The sad thing is that Foundry already has it and they&nbsp; have been around for a lot less time.&nbsp; &nbsp;Its a pure roll20 issue
Recently started running games on Roll20 from FGU and the saddest thing about it is not having audio triggers
Now with the new Integrated Voice &amp; Video it should be time to let us at least pipe Syrinscape through Roll20.
I'm begging you to please give us Audio Triggers!