Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Having Trouble With Pathfinder Macro Template

Edited 1599112933
Pardon my noobness, but I am trying to create a macro for a Pathfinder 1e game with a single attack roll and a single damage roll. I can get the attack roll to work, but the damage isn't coming up. If I add a second attack the damage for both show up, but I am only making 1 attack roll. Could someone provide me with an example of a basic attack macro that rolls 1 attack and 1 damage roll so I can see where I went wrong?

Edited 1599137298
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you post your code it will be easier to help - the PF template has a header roll which is intended for single rolls, and a bunch of fields which are designed to output full-attack style rolls. It sounds like you're mixing the two together. This page should have the info you need, but post back here if you need a hand.

Edited 1599148542
I'd be happy to post it. Pardon the entirely overcomplicated rolls, we are doing PF 1E Sphere's of Power/Might. I tried to use the monster attack rolls as a template for designing the attack. That was probably where I went wrong, as it works fine as a npc but is missing damage as a pc. That is actually why I was kinda hoping for a very simple attack example so I can see how it should be done and adjust my macro accordingly. I tend to learn better from examples than from instructions. &{template:pc} {{name=Flanking K.O. Strike}} {{type=attackdamage}} {{showchar=@{Mevlut|rollshowchar}}} {{charname=@{Mevlut|character_name}}} {{nonlethal=[[1[Nonlethal]]]}} {{attack=1}} {{roll=[[1d20cs>19+[[floor(@{class1_level}*.75)]] [Rogue BAB] + [[@{class2_level}]] [Conscript BAB] + [[@{dexterity_mod}]] [Dex] + [[@{weapon_EB}]] [Weapon EB] + 2 [Flanking]]]}}{{critconfirm=[[1d20cs>19+[[floor(@{class1_level}*.75)]] [Rogue BAB] + [[@{class2_level}]] [Conscript BAB] + [[@{dexterity_mod}]] [Dex] + [[@{weapon_EB}]] [Weapon EB] + 2 [Flanking]]]}} {{rolldmg1=[[[[1d8]] [Small Improvised Weapon] + [[@{Strength_mod}]] [Str] + [[floor(@{BAB}*.5)]] [Finesse Fighting II] + [[@{weapon_EB}]] [Weapon EB]]]}}{{rolldmg1type=Non-Lethal}}{{rolldmg1crit=+ [[[[1d8]] [Small Improvised Weapon] + [[@{Strength_mod}]] [Str] + [[floor(@{BAB}*.5)]] [Finesse Fighting II] + [[@{weapon_EB}]] [Weapon EB]]]}} {{rolldmg2=[[[[ceil(@{class1_level}*0.5)]]d6 [Sneak Attack] + [[[[floor(@{level}/5)]]+1]]d6 [Fencing Sphere] + [[ceil(@{class1_level}*0.5)]] [Sap Adept] + [[1]] [Trait Bonus]]]}}{{rolldmg2type=Precision & Non-Lethal}}
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah yep, so {{rolldmg1}} and {{rolldmg2}} are for multiattacks. For a single attack, you need to change those to {{dmg1}} and {{dmg2]}, same with their crit and type properties. You also need {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg2flag=1}} in there. Alternatively, you could leave everything as is, and add {{roll1=[[0]]}} {{damage=1}} to turn it into a mutliattack macro, then the rolldmg1 fields will show up.
Thank you Oosh. I appreciate the fix!