Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question on reusing assets from purchased modules

I know that the modules are only for use on roll20 (fall of plaguestone being the module in question) and you cannot download the maps used. However, I would like to reuse one of the locations in another unrelated campaign (5e) but cannot figure out how to get that map into my shared files across games. Is this not possible? I understood I couldn't down load the assets when I purchased this, and when it said for use only on roll20 I thought that meant all assets could be used in any game. What am I missing here? Is this possible?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The best tool for this is the Transmogrifier, which is a pro perk. That allows you to move entire pages, maps, token, characters, tables and more between campaigns. As a Plus user, you can attach the map graphic as the token or avatar of a character sheet and Vault it into another campaign. 
Ok I have that feature, I didn't know it worked for map assets. I'll check it out. I can't seem to find where they stored the maps in this pack but thats another issue ;) I will take another look.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be clear, it works on Pages, which normally contain maps, tokens, DL lines, etc. The page and all of its contents are moved by the Transmogrifier when you move the page. Pro Tip: If you are moving a page that has a lot of tokens that represent character, move the characters first, then move the page. That way, all the tokens will retain links to their characters. If you do it the other way around (move a page containing an orc token to a game that has no orc character sheet), the tokens will become unassigned.