Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Yggdrasill] sheet building and help for a tricky roll

Hello everybody, After a difficult roll20 character sheet building for the french RPG Yggdrasill, I come in this humble place for two main reasons : to share my work (and invite how ever wants to participate in this sheet building) and for help.   You can find html et css Here .  As you will see, it isn't finished and is a work in progress.  Now, for the questions. Question 1 So, in Yggdrasill, basic rolls are : (attributes)d10, where you keep the 2 best (10 are exploding). You add then this to dices to your skill. Ex : Y have 3 in « Agility » and 5 in « hitting my head on the cupboard ». I trow 3d10 (with, let's say, 5, 7, 9), that I had to 5. That gives us 14+5= 19. For the moment, nothing difficult in roll20 : @{Agility}d10!!kh2+@{hitting my head on the cupboard} Where it gets tricky is with the notion of Weakness of the game. When you have a Weakness that is relevant in the story, you trow the same dices, but do not keep the 2 best, but the best and the lowest (5 and 9 in the last exemple). Has someone an idea how to make that work ? Question 2 Also, I'm using Query list for my sheet rolls, where I select first my attribute, then my skill. The problème is that there is a BIIIiiiiig list of skills and my query isn't "userfriendly", when you look for the specific skills. Luckily, players have usually only 7 or 8 skills above 0. Have you an idea how to show only the skills above 0 in the query ? Question 3 Last, also with my sheet roll system, I'm looking for a system to give the player the possibility to reinitialize the query to a default value, after they have made a trow, if they want to. Do you know how ? In any case, thanks !
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yann said: Question 1 Where it gets tricky is with the notion of Weakness of the game. When you have a Weakness that is relevant in the story, you trow the same dices, but do not keep the 2 best, but the best and the lowest (5 and 9 in the last exemple). Has someone an idea how to make that work ? I'm pretty sure you'll only be able to do that with the API. You can add the sd or sa modifiers to the roll, so the dice are sorted, to make it easier to see the high and low dice, for manually working out the total. Question 2 Also, I'm using Query list for my sheet rolls, where I select first my attribute, then my skill. The problème is that there is a BIIIiiiiig list of skills and my query isn't "userfriendly", when you look for the specific skills. Luckily, players have usually only 7 or 8 skills above 0. Have you an idea how to show only the skills above 0 in the query ? If the skills are in a repeating section on the sheet, you can require the players to reorder them, so those with values above 0 are at the top. Then you can set up your macro using the repeating_section_$0_buttonname syntax. The $0 says which row to use: $0 for the first, $1 for the second, and so on. Failing that, you'll need to use the API. Again if they are in a rpeating section, my universal chat menu script can show only those skills that have a value > 0. Question 3 Last, also with my sheet roll system, I'm looking for a system to give the player the possibility to reinitialize the query to a default value, after they have made a trow, if they want to. Do you know how ? In any case, thanks ! I'm not following what you want to do here.
Thx for you answors, Gigs. I going to look at it tonight.  As for my last question. I have 4 different drop-downs and different check-boxes for the different roll option available to a player : one for attributes, one for general skills, one for magical skills, one for advantages, etc. All have values that are linked to my roll-dice button. A player chooses the different options he wants, then rolls. But the next roll might be with different options, and I'm looking for an easy way for the player to reset all the drop-downs and check-boxes to a default value ( of 0), so as not to influence the roll. I hope I have made it clearer :D

Edited 1599840354
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can do that with an action button and a sheet worker. <button type="action" name="act_reset" class="reset-button">Reset</button> Then a sheet worker like on('clicked:reset', () => {     setAttrs({         attribute1: 0,         attribute2: 0,         attribute3: 0,         attribute4: 0     }); }); just change attribute1 to attribute4 with the names of the attributes you want to reset, and replace the 0s with the value you want to reset them to.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
GiGs, you have a slight typo in the sheet worker..."attribute3" should be followed by a colon and not a comma. :) on('clicked:reset', () => {     setAttrs({         attribute1: 0,         attribute2: 0,         attribute3: 0,         attribute4: 0     }); });
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
oops, and well spotted! I'll edit the post just in case someone sees it and not your correction.
That's really great, guys!  I hope I find time this weekend to try it out! 
I tried the reset button. Works like a charm. Thx a lot. Now, the rest... 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
great :)