Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Card Deck suddenly Missing

Hello, Maybe someone can help me out with this. I run a Savage Worlds campaign and use a deck of cards to handle initiative. Last Sunday everything worked fine. Today, when I logged in to get my maps and things prepped I saw that, instead of my init deck, there was just a broken image section. It was all there Sunday when I shut the game down and when I signed in today, there's nothing there. As far as I know I didn't delete or archive any assets other than a few older maps that I didn't need anymore and I didn't run a custom deck of cards, just what was provided from Roll20. Moreover, I've checked older games that I've run and the same "broken asset" shows in place of where the deck of cards should be. Without that deck of cards, I pretty much don't have a way of dishing out initiative. Has anyone run into this problem before and been able to resolve it?I've included a shot of where the deck should be within the interface, but this is what I see instead. Thanks for any pointers you can offer in advance.  

Edited 1599951562
This picture is the what the deck of cards looks like in Chrome... all the face pictures that are there, are pictures I've managed to replace manually... The reason I am able to do this is because I loaded up roll20 in Opera, a browser I never use for running game because it isn't consistent with the service. As you can see, all the assets in Chrome are broken, except for the ones I've manually replaced, which by the way is a terrible solution to a problem like this, especially because I didn't go through my library and manually delete 52+ assets from my library at the end of my last session. All of this worked perfectly fine last Sunday, and today none of the cards are there. Below is *almost* a complete collection of the cards, all except the 6 of hearts and 5 of diamonds (i accidentally and manually removed those two.) What is missing is the back of the card, so when I "Deal" cards, I can't see where the pile actually is. How can I fix this issue? because from the looks of it I have to replace these cards manually, one-by-one, which is not a solution, it's busy work for a problem that I am quite sure I did not create myself, at least not consciously and from searching the forums, there is no way to recall the default deck? That's insane. If people run into a corrupt library or just make the mistake of deleting said assets from their library they have to spend hours re-importing ALL of the card assets again? What horrible way to set this up. I had one of my players join the game and he sees his deck just fine, so why is it that, within my game, my players can see the deck, but for me the assets are missing?
Bump. I am having a very similar issue. The weird thing is it seems to just be my browser, my players can see the card faces and interact with the cards however I can only see the card backs. If I flip them there is no image to interact with so they become invisible and not selectable from my perspective. 
After more testing, what I am experiencing seems to be the exact same problem that Dean has. It's definitely still broken, too.
Bump.  Same issue.  I run a Savage Worlds Deadlands campaign.  Last week deck was fine, just logged in and all the images for the cards (front and backs) are broken.  Haven't had other players test in my campaign since its still a few hour till they should show up, but now instead of the pregame prep I i intended, now I have to find and import all card images I guess.  Going to leave current deck alone an created a 2nd brand new deck in case this can be fixed.
I just suffered from the same issue. Any solutions? 

Edited 1601148758
Bump. I have the same issue too. 1 week it was working fine, the next my images are all unrecognizable. It's a browser issue for me - it works fine in Internet Explorer. I've tried updating my chrome and clearing the cache but that didn't solve the problem. Wonder what gives...

Edited 1601231849
This thread has gone completely ignored by any people that support the product. The worst part is that other people have reported this issue or similar issues as far back as a 4 years ago from what I can see. I did see one response from a rep of R20 mention that they will see if the devs can look into it and that's where it ended, no response, no fix, nothing. It's some kind of corruption and it's not something that exists only locally on our client end, were that the case, clearing your browser's cache or swapping to a different browser would resolve this issue. I've tried 4 browsers, 2 of which never touched r20 until I tried to to resolve this issue and they all have the same problem. The card assets are corrupted somehow, and there's not a way to recall a new, default deck for R20, no you have to make a whole new one yourself. The browsers are either caching something that cannot be cleared (highly unlikely) or the way these cards are be loaded by a majority of browsers is fundamentally broken somewhere. Even if it's something that has to be fixed on the browser end, R20 needs to have a recommendation on how to fix it, because it's not as obvious or simple as clearing the cache and restarting the browser. This is my 3rd session with the deck being broken and R20 mods are either ignoring this because they have no idea how to fix this issue or just don't give a shit, which is too bad, because some of you in this thread are clearly paying this company money to use this product. If I were you, I'd be incredibly upset at the lack of support you're getting.