Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Better Video Quality

Might be a repeated topic. Bring back the old video quality. Dropped camera frames takes away so much in a time when we can't all play on table top and people are flocking to online gaming to be with their friends and family (and that random player who always plays the orphaned rogue).
Video is sent directly from your PC to all the PCs of your players. The roll20 servers aren't involved in this process. They use something called WebRTC, and I think there are tools which help you identify if there are any issues with the video/audo setup of your individual computers.
I have to correct you on this. I have a twitch clip from a few years ago at the start of my campaign that is evidence of Roll20 having amazing camera quality. No blurring at all. It was then changed by their team to help with bandwidth in games.  I assure you this is not on my end or my players as they are the same players we had back then. My internet and PC are the same (in fact I upgraded my PC as well). Nothing else has changed. I even remember asking about it when it was reverted and someone confirmed Roll20 had made that change to help with connectivity for lower ISP speeds. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .