Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Storage

This is a question for the GMs out in the Roll20 world. How much storage are you using in Roll20 across how many campaigns you have saved (old and current)? I'm coming to a close to ending one of my campaigns, and going to start the next one soon. Just wondering if I should actually delete one of my old campaigns to make sure I have enough space for the new campaign. I personally don't want to delete any of my data, and sure I could just continue with the new campaign and make that decision when I run out of space. I just of the mind set of never worrying about drive space, hence why I have three 1 TB drives (system/apps, games, data) on my computer.  :P
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
256Mb / 6144Mb.  I probably have 6-7 serious Games, and ~100 test games for various things.  I use a lot of marketplace assets and modules, so I'm possibly not the best ruler to measure storage usage against.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Keep in mind that deleting games/campaigns doesn't change the data you are using.  Only images and music you have added to your account (image library and jukebox) count.  I don't use music, have never bought a module, but I do own a lot of art (top down token and map building) assets from the marketplace.  Most of the time, I download them, assemble a map, and then upload it so that some players on poor internet connections have an easier time loading them.  I do make and upload my own portrait style tokens for games that don't use facing.  I have made and uploaded a bunch of token markers.  But still, I am only at 266Mb.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
1107/6144Mb But I'm also a bit of an odd duck. I (recently) do Content Conversion for Roll20 which involves a lot of uploading. I can delete a lot of the stuff from finished projects, but I haven't gotten around to it. 
Wow, now I feel like I have used an abnormally high amount of storage space. I have one campaign running and I'm currently at 1169MB.
2216/6144 MB. But I don't really delete anything (except for some Strahd high res maps I purchased once, that took a large amount of space, before the size bump for pro/plus). I've GM'd a lot of games on here, and have tons of uploaded images. Less so for music, as finding free and good RPG music is hard. BTW, check your steam library. A lot of games have soundtracks included, such as Morrowind and Witcher 3.

Edited 1601412959
Wow, I feel now that I've used an abnormally large amount of storage space . I've got one campaign to run.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If any of you use music, that can fill up space fast. I only have a few short sound effects.
How do you check your storage usage?
It is really helpful that stuff from the marketplace doesn't count. The stuff I could download amounts to 30 GB (zipped). I need a large library since I sometimes need to create new maps very fast - the players never go where I thought they would move their activities. Active memory usage ist at some 200 MB out of 6144, but one of my campaigns is bound to go to Rappan Athuk, and the maps and stuff of that mega-dungeon are some GB.
Nekronn99 said: How do you check your storage usage? Top right corner, click on your name and choose Account from the list. Perhaps half way down you will see "Storage Quota", and it will look like this: 1302MB / 6144MB Most of mine is used by mp3 audio files seeing I mostly use artwork from the marketplace and it does not count against my quota. I have dozens of maps I've made from various "build a dungeon/town/spaceport/etc" sets that don't count against it. 
625 / 6144
Thank you all for your replies. Show it seems I don't must to worry about. While I haven't been tracking it, I don't use music in my campaign (I find it too distracting) so I should be fine for awhile.