Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Set Token Properties from Character Sheet

Edited 1600456119
I use a custom character sheet for tracking monster types: create a new sheet > switch to 'monster' > enter stats. I can then use this to drive roll templates, etc.  Is there a way to automate the creation of properties on tokens using character sheet data? For example, I want the token name to be randomly generated on drop. Or bar1 to auto-set to a random hit die roll based on what's in the monster sheet. Does this require the Roll20 API?

Edited 1600456665
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This definitely does require the API. You can likely do most of what you need with a bit of cleverness with TokenMod, the all purpose token script.
Thanks, GiGs. I'll take a look at this later. It sounds promising. Off the top of your head, can TokenMod be called from within a sheet worker function? Or just macros and chat?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
sheet workers cant affect anything outside of the character sheet - they cannot affect tokens. You can have roll buttons that launch API scripts like tokenmod, and have sheet workers create attribute values that you use in those rolls. But works cant directly do anything with scripts or tokens.