Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [PAID] [5E] [Online] [CEST/GMT+2] Adventures of Faerûn (The Red Hand of Doom)

Closed! This campaign is currently running weekly with 4 players, we recently had a player leave, so looking for someone to fill the vacant spot. We are currently 26 sessions in and have not missed a single session since our start back in March. Link to Roll20 listing page About the game The campaigns and stories are well suited for people completely new to DnD, I have had great success in the past introducing new players to DnD. The campaigns are also well suited to veterans that are looking for a stable group to play with weekly. The first campaign will be a pre-made adventure with a slight spin on it from myself and then followed up by a larger and more expansive adventure where the players really will get to be put through their paces. In the very long run, there are plenty of possibilities for the party, or the characters themselves to get castles, keeps or other home bases. For this, we will use the book by Matt Colville “Strongholds and Followers” I employ professional made battle maps, area maps and other supporting art, so there will always be something for your eye to explore while the game is on. I use plenty of ambience and thematical music throughout the session to improve the feel and bring you into the story. Even though these are premade adventures then I only use it as a framework from which I add a lot of my own spin to the story, and flesh out many areas in greater detail, so every place and every person you encounter will feel like a living person in the world. Even if you know the adventure at hand, then you can expect many hidden plots and expansive elements added to the story.   This adventure: The party has just finished the adventure "Lost mines of Phandelver" their good friend Gundren Rockseeker has asked them to gather allies from the Dwarfs of the Hammerfist hold in the Elsir vale. They got attacked on the road by hobgoblins, afterwhich they uncovered plans of a large goblin invasion of the Elsir Vale. The party are now going to gather allies and warn the Vale of this attack that’s coming. They are currently finding themselves on the Keelboat “Trinidad” travelling up the Elsir River to Lake Rhestin looking for the elusive Kiri Kitor tribe of elves, living in the Marshland surrounding the Lake. I would work well to make your character fit well into the story and weave you into the overarching plot in a satisfying way, so that you may feel personally invested in the goings-on of the world. I like to help my players get a chance to realise your wants from a DnD game. Schedule: Weekly, Wednesday’s at 8:00 PM CEST/GMT+2 (The time can be adjusted to fit the group, should it be necessary) Game Length: Minimum of 3 hours per session, with the possibility of running longer if the group desires and I’m able to (often are). This campaign is expected to take several months to complete. As is the structure of a D&D game, consistency and attendance are held in high regard and of great importance, you should be able to attend most sessions for this time period. (However if some players are unable to attend we will work together to make it work, often a weekly session will still happen.) Starting Level: 7 Finishing Level: level 11+ Maximum Group Size: 6 players (aiming for 5) About me Hello there! I am a 27-year-old, Dane who loves all things fantasy. In the last few years, I have completely fallen for D&D, ever since I saw the very first session of Critical Role. I enjoy running games and creating a fun experience for my players. I endeavour to create the best experience for all my players and to deliver a great engrossing story for them to explore. I take great inspiration from Matt Colville and I like to run my games and campaigns by the rule of cool, if you have something you would like to do, then we’ll make it work (within reason of cause). Details We will use roll20 Discord server for you players as a group and connection in and out of game Voice only required You will get access to a shared Google doc with useful resources connected to the game How I run the game The aim of the game is for all involved to have fun. This never comes at the expense of someone else’s, so my main focus point when running the game will always be to ensure everyone leaves at the end of a session feeling satisfied. I usually communicate with players between sessions, to judge the feeling for the campaign, and to gather feedback etc. The rule of cool I am a firm believer in the rule of cool and generally quite relaxed and open about going slightly outside the book rules. However, the rule of thumb is to assume the book rules take president unless we have spoken and agreed otherwise. “I follow the rules when they make sense, sometimes rules are made to be broken”.   About the price This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of 10€ through Paypal or Revolut in advance of each session. Session 0 and session 1 will be free, to allow you as a group and players to get a feel for how I DM and run the game. Why pay? Running a game takes a lot of planning and out of sessions effort, I also invest a lot of what I might earn back into the campaigns, buying professional maps, and images, Roll20 subscription etc. Paying also ensures that you guys will be in for quality and that I will never cancel a session etc. In my experience with paid games players are also a lot more invested and this allows for greater gameplay experience. Payment Payment will be made through Paypal or Revolut. Whichever service you find easiest, Revolut has no transfer fees, so I would suggest using this one. You can pay weekly or pay monthly. Disclaimer: This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 through paypal or revolut, ahead of each session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements.   Character creation You can go with three ways of doing this, Standard array, (Point buy) or roll using the 3 ups - 3 down method. I also have a few premade characters that would weave into the story in different ways, this can be explored if you want to use them, or maybe take inspiration from their backstories to make something of your own. I like to work player characters into the story in some way, down the road or right from the start. So when creating your character I like to be involved and work with you to make your dreams and the story you wish to explore a reality. Further details about character creation will be discussed prior to the game.   What players to expect You might very well expect players of the same calibre and frame of mind as yourself, as I aim to get a group with the same ideals and wants from the campaign. So there will be a bit of an interview process to guarantee the best player chemistry. I have had great success in the past doing this and managed to get good group chemistries.   Homebrew rules Potions: Using a Potion of Healing on yourself is a bonus action, whereas using it on others is an action. Health: You will roll for HP upon levelling, however, if you roll below the average, you may take the average instead. *your rolling to try and get above the average* Death Save: Death Saves will be rolled by the DM and private messaged to the unconscious player. This is to avoid metagame knowledge and introduce a sense of urgency. Being knocked unconscious: First time in combat is normal rules, 2nd time you're knocked out on the same day, you will take a point of exhaustion, 3rd time another point and so on. This is an attempt to portray that stress that is put upon the character's body through traumas of being knocked out. Flanking: Flanking will not give advantage on attacks but instead be a +2 to your attack roll, you will get a +1 if you're not directly opposite your ally, opening up a larger flanking angle. Other house rules will be discussed as the game goes on and when they become relevant General rules of conduct Please try to design a character that will be able to work as a team and function with the rest of the party. (no edgy characters) If a player is abusive or discriminatory towards another player or myself, they will be promptly removed from the game. This is to ensure everyone plays in a fun environment. There is a zero-tolerance policy for this kind of behaviour. The game is about having fun if you feel you’re not having as much as you would want, talk to me and we might be able to change things for the better. I make a big point out of talking to my players between sessions and adjusting the game accordingly to the feedback. Please respect your fellow players and your DM. I would ask that everyone acts friendly towards one another and gives others an equal chance to share the spotlight. No one's fun comes at the expense of someone else's.   Application If you’re interested in joining then you may use the following template and reply in the comments below, or send me a private message. Same goes for any questions regarding me or the campaign as well. a I hope to hear from anyone interested!   Link for Roll20 game listing Application template Name: (Real or what you prefer to be called by) Age: Gender: The country you’re from: Time zone you're currently in: What kind of story/game are you after?: What will you bring to the group?: What would your ideal group look like? (what kind of people would you usually get along with?): What experience have you got with DnD, 5e, Roll20, and RP in general?: Played any premade campaigns before? if so which ones?: Anything else?: Questions for me?:
If anyone is interested in the current party composition is as follows: Pirya "The Red": The half-elven Monster Hunter - Scout. Armed with her whip and repeating crossbow she's been crowned leader of the party with deadly aim and wit. Echo: The Tabaxi Beastmaster - Arcane trickster. During their adventures, Echo formed a bond with a baby owlbear which is now her trusty companion. Theo: The half-elven Valour Bard and agent of the Harpers. He's the party's voice of reason and moral compass, composing a mighty story over the party's adventures. Caendril: The half-highelven Bladesinger, sent as a representative of the Kiri Kitor tribe of elves, he's joined the party in their efforts to protect the Elsir Vale, and by proxy his home. I would work thoroughly with you to introduce your character well to the party and game as a whole, and to weave your character into the overarching story in a satisfying way. The game starts at level 7, however, the campaign in its current pace and form will at least last for 6+ months. Hope to hear from anyone interested!
Still looking for another player to join this campaign and group of awesome and fun players. Session 0 and session 1 will be free to allow you as a player to get a feel for the group and me as a DM. Hoping to introduce the new player next Wednesday (30th Sep) or the one after (7th Oct) we would work together during the week to get your character done and sorted out. This campaign is great for any level of experience with DnD, even completely new players that are looking to learn the game. You would be starting at level 7, however, even with this, the campaign is going to be a long-running one, with plenty of opportunity for character growth and to have (most importantly) a good time with the group. I tend to run my games as you would expect a fun game with friends around a table would be. To achieve this I have an interview process where I pick the player fitting the party, to ensure the best party coherence and chemistry. If anyone has any questions then feel free to ask away! Hope to hear from anyone interested