Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Perplexed at roll result with CF color

Edited 1600629008
Eric
Sheet Author
Hello, Whilst working on my char sheet and testing a skill role, I am perplexed at seeing this blue box on an inline roll when I would expect it to be red, no? This is a simple skill roll, 2d20, sorted ascending, crit fail=20, and target success <= 10. In the above exampe there is no success (<10) in this roll. This should be a red box around the inline roll, correct? Here's example with a success (<10) and a CF, still blue?? In fact when a roll a bunch of tests, I'm not seeing any red boxes, only blue whenever there is a 20 in the roll. There's no CS defined so I expect no green boxes, only red. This is the actual button VALUE value:  {{successes=[[?{Dice|2}d20sacf20 < @{Agility}]]}} I presume I am missing something obvious here?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you have any CSS targeting the inline roll result? That can change the outline colour.
Eric
Sheet Author
Doing some more testing I stripped the roll down to just this, removing attributes and template ... [[4d20sacf20<10]] If you paste this in the chat box repeatedly roll this, sooner or later a 20 with no value <10 and the box is still blue. Continued testing and I've determined this blue-behavior appears when using the CF and no CS. If I add a CS value then I get green/red/blue boxes at appropriate time. When no CS is in the roll then I only get blue boxes whenever there is a 20.  Here are two example rolls to prove the behavior; just copy/paste them into the chat box ... [[4d20sacf20<10]] [[4d20sacf20cs<5<10]] The first roll which has a CF and no CS will only produce blue boxes.  The second with the CS will produce normal green/red/blue. Is a blue-only box when using CF and no CS expected behavior?

Edited 1600635078
Eric
Sheet Author
Wanted to add that to work around this situation I just added a cs0 into the roll and this will produce the red box whenever a 20 is rolled.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I tested with this [[4d20cf20]] to ensure nothing else was interfering, and that made me realise what was going on. By default, roll20 treats the max on a die as a crit, and lowest as a fumble. This still happens unless you overwrite them So with cf20, on a roll of 20, you are  getting a critical and a fumble at the same time. You dont see a fumble on 1, because when you supply a CF value it replaces the default. So you can fix this by supplying a CS value that cant be rolled like [[4d20sacf20cs0]]
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You beat me to it - yes cs0 (or cs100, or some other impossible value) is the fix. It's not technically a workaround - its the proper fix.
Eric
Sheet Author
Cheers ... thanks for the feedback.