Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pulling spell macros from a different character sheet. (D&D 3.5)

I have a character sheet called spellmule. I store spell macros in the abilities section. So each spell has it's own spot. The macros are built to cast as the selected token, and that works fine. What I want is to have a player's spell sheet call on that ability to cast the spell. So using Acid Splash as the example. @{~spellmule|acidsplash} I feel like I should be able to drop that in to a PCs sheet and have it work. But I end up getting this in the chat window, but the sheet is obviously there. I've tried it while having editing access on and off for all players and that made no difference. I think the image below shows everything in question. No character was found for '~spellmule' ~spellmule|acidsplash Any help would be great. Thanks ~Nick

Edited 1600682819
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are close but not quite right with your syntax ... this should work: %{spellmule|acidsplash}

Edited 1600698667
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're trying to link the repeating fields on the spellmule sheet, this could be a little more complicated. But hopefully Ziechael's fix does the trick. If the entire macro is stored as an ability, you'll be fine - I'm not familiar with the 3.5e sheet. It looks like you have a macro stored as an API button in a repeating field though? Side note - make sure all players have access to the spellmule sheet, or they won't get the same results as the GM account.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I believe that the OP has set up an ability on the spellmule that outputs the desired format for acid splash and is using the roll button of the spell section to call said ability so my solution should work... if it is the more complex version of calling the spell section of another sheet then yes, that will be more of a faff lol
Thank you Ziechael, that fixed it, and all is as it should be. And yes, my spell mule sheet has each spell set up with the desired format for output, and all my players have access to it, though it isn't in their journals, cause why tempt fate, lol, most of them are not macro savvy