Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Player view shortcut (cmd + L) conflicts with browsers' shortcut to access address bar/enter location

Edited 1600700428
Hey there, Not a bug per se, yet somewhat one, but I went for the Suggestions & Ideas forum. When logged in as a GM I used to be able to use the cmd + L shortcut to get a player token's view. And it was great when fine-tuning maps, setting up players' tokens, etc. However, it recently started not working as intended and instead access the address bar.  - Step by step instructions on how to reproduce the issue:     • Log in as GM     • Select Player token and press cmd + L     • See that the address bar is focused/editable instead of the Player view being shown. When I say it is not a bug per se, it's because the browser works as intended and the Player view used to work (probably still does) but the shortcut simply is ignored as the browser takes precedence. SO as an idea, I'd love it if the Roll20 shortcuts/hotkeys could be changed by users, or if another way to toggle Player View was available (add it to the contextual menu when right-clicking a PC token as a DM?). The bit that saddens me is that it used to work and it made my life just that much easier. - Computer's settings :     • Google Chrome - Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)     •  Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6      • Javascript is enabled Hope this helps!

Edited 1600735818
Ctrl-L only works on pages with some form of Dynamic Lighting (DL) on it. Roll20 inadvertently changed this some months ago with an update. They did not realize that some users used Ctrl-L to check line of sight on maps without DL. They have not said whether it will return, but they are looking into it. &nbsp;See here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8590577/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/8590577/</a>

Edited 1600760954
Rabulias said: Ctrl-L only works on pages with some form of Dynamic Lighting (DL) on it. Roll20 inadvertently changed this some months ago with an update.&nbsp; Thanks for pointing it out! That made me go and check the pages' settings and for a reason I ignore DL was turned off (it was on before, as I could use the shortcut). I probably made a mistake and turned it off, cleaning the browser cache, or something else. Seems to be back to normal for now. Having more control on hotkeys or even setting our own would still be really useful and prevent some conflicts I guess.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .