Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Combat Master using HealthColors API @ start of turn = "must be a GM" error

using Combat Master and Aura/Tint HealthColors, I start combat with a macro, selecting combatants and: !cmaster --turn,start !setattr --sel --USECOLOR|YES which works just fine.  Problem is that even though the token auras are technically "updated", I can never get them to actually update.  So i wind up having to: !aura forceupdate ... before we can move on.  pain in the mainframe.  anyway, I have attempted to solve that by using the "start of turn" and "start of round" API entries as so: {{!aura}} {{forceupdate}} unfortunately, when i attempt to run it, I get an auth error as follows: (From HealthColors):  you must be a GM to use this command! Can anyone help me understand root-cause? tnx in advance, peace! ~t

Edited 1600701129
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm guessing it doesn't send the command as you, when doing it that way. But I'm not familiar with how Combat Master sends API commands to chat. HealthColors checks to see if the person sending commands is a GM before allowing them using: if (!playerIsGM(msg.playerid)) {     sendChat('HealthColors', "/w " + msg.who + " you must be a GM to use this command!");     return; }
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I would guess that CombatMaster sends API commands to chat as CombatMaster. I'm not sure that could be transferred.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
In TokenMod, I added --api-as so that CombatMaster could specify what player to run the command as.
nice.  appreciate the reply, thats how i can apply other APIs too! relating to the Aura/Tint issue, I've got that resolved separately , thanks to @dxwarlock. i swear, with all the help Im getting my sessions are going to have to roll credits at the end.  ;) tnx again!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 API engine has a habit of changing the "who" when an API sends a another API call to chat.  You can specify GM when sending the API call, but Roll20 steps on that and changes it to API.  So any script looking for GM is going to reject the call.