Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Force charactermancer level-up?

Edited 1600723458
TCM
Pro
referencing the 5e OGL with companion API: I track leveling based on achievement.  I'm creating a #levelup macro which updates hit points, exhaustion, spell slots, etc.  That part is really just a !longrest that  I'm modifying a little to focus on the selected token, splash a little fx, add a "leveled" condition, play a "leveledup.mp3" from the jukebox (skyrim's leveled up soundbite, naturally)... What i really want to do is set the level-up charactermancer as the active sheet view via an API call that i can embed in my #levelup macro. Is this even possible or should I just stop all that crazy talk? Tnx in advance, appreciate the sanity-check!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It might be possible, but I'm not too familiar with charmancer stuff. If you can figure out a way to trigger the action button named "launch_lvl+mancer", then yes. (Not sure if action buttons can be triggered in this way. ) Another option might be to manually edit the attribute that is governing whether a sheet is showing it's charactermancer or not, could work. You might need to dig in an existing sheet's A&A-tab, or the sheet source code to determine what the name of that stat is. Likely has the word "start" or "mancer" in the name. Didn't seem to find/edit right attribute on the A&A tab on a quick try
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's a hidden Attribute attr_showleveler , which determines whether or not the level up icon is visible up near the XP section of the core tab. This button does the same thing as the the one on the settings page, and launches act_launch_lvl+mancer . This opens the charactermancer. Creating an Attribute showleveler manually, and setting it to 1 does not work, I tried that - the sheet ignores the extra Attribute and uses the hidden one, even if you try to call it to chat with @{bob|showleveler). I'm not sure if launch_lvl+mancer can be launched via API somehow, but it won't work like a normal sheet %{ability}. The only other thing I can think of is to set players' XP to the next level up. For example, if they are level 1, then using a macro to set their XP to 1000 will cause the Level Up button to appear in the top right of the Core tab. The amount of XP required for the next level isn't linear of course, so you'd need to adjust the macro each time to push all the characters up to the right total for each level, unless there's some clever math & rounding that can be used. One other option might be a CSS style edit to make the button big and colourful, and in the middle of the sheet. The big disadvantage is that the styles need to be installed by each player.
thanks to both, im still playing with this (hopelessly).  appreciate the interest!