Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][FIREFLY-RPG][SERENITY][CORTEX SYSTEM][FREE/UNPAID][18+Mature]

Edited 1601069710
>> "Mighty fine day isn't it?" >> "Sure-Is, I suspect!" >> "Take a gander at this wave I got recently!?" -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 你好!阅读  (= ФェФ=) Ever wanted to kick dirt and rocks on the most recently colonized rim world moon? Land opportunity awaits! Wanted to "hee-haw" into the upper part of black space on nothing but a prayer and a few poker chips in your satchel competing on the various gambling yachts in the Persephone zone? Think you have what it takes to become a self-made-man with your own satellite station? Well, saddle on up (as they say on the outer planets) because all of those possibilities are awaiting you in your near future "partner"! Board the newly renovated civilian craft "The Clan MacGregor", and ship out among the best of society seeking a new beginning into the "mid-and-rim". . . All your accommodations provided with a two-part deposit system- paid in full by the end of your port of call!  [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιο̲̅̅)̲̅$̲̅]  [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιο̲̅̅)̲̅$̲̅]  [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιο̲̅̅)̲̅$̲̅] Slots are filling up fast! We have only room for a few more! See below on slot availability folks! 5/5 passengers , 4/5 crew.  Will you sign aboard this freshly painted light-bulk transport and head for the stars? Come along- we're shootin' and scootin' soon! --Click here to know more!-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will you be using the Cortex (Serenity) or Cortex Plus (Firefly) rules? The former is relatively traditional, whereas the latter is much more focused on cooperative story-telling.
We will be using the Cortex system provided by the initial book formulated for the games first release. I find it the most comfortable to work with- and the easiest to echelon into.
Pat vdR said: Will you be using the Cortex (Serenity) or Cortex Plus (Firefly) rules? The former is relatively traditional, whereas the latter is much more focused on cooperative story-telling. These rules below- listed on amazon link <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Serenity-Role-Playing-Jamie-Chambers/dp/1931567506/ref=pd_lpo_14_img_0/146-5023293-8179716?_encoding=UTF8&amp;pd_rd_i=1931567506&amp;pd_rd_r=fec3e1fe-a819-4611-b6e8-251553ff50cb&amp;pd_rd_w=iPW1S&amp;pd_rd_wg=FbMMT&amp;pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&amp;pf_rd_r=G9JKDP1J8CH3QDT9MF67&amp;psc=1&amp;refRID=G9JKDP1J8CH3QDT9MF67" rel="nofollow">https://www.amazon.com/Serenity-Role-Playing-Jamie-Chambers/dp/1931567506/ref=pd_lpo_14_img_0/146-5023293-8179716?_encoding=UTF8&amp;pd_rd_i=1931567506&amp;pd_rd_r=fec3e1fe-a819-4611-b6e8-251553ff50cb&amp;pd_rd_w=iPW1S&amp;pd_rd_wg=FbMMT&amp;pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&amp;pf_rd_r=G9JKDP1J8CH3QDT9MF67&amp;psc=1&amp;refRID=G9JKDP1J8CH3QDT9MF67</a>
Oh, I've had the rules for years, no worries on that account. It's just that both versions play quite differently, and the Serenity edition tends to lean more towards heists than drama, for good or for ill. What style of game are you planning on, and what are you looking for in your players? Note: I've played Serenity before in two campaigns, and much as I was hoping for "Plus", if the campaign is fine with including plenty of character-oriented storylines, and avoiding the pitfalls of "Deadlands in Space", I'm quite interested.
Hi Pat, I'm not completely aware what "Deadlands in Space" means, I've not played that game before. It looked fun to play once but I opted for Doom instead for my space killer-thriller genre...I didn't play beyond the system initially developed (so I don't know the system after it), I game off what I know or can re-learn easily. I believe in the game aspect of it, and rely on rulesets to further its course; making little substitutions here and there as I go. Funny enough I have a short questionnaire for you to play with for player typographic data. . I'll send you it after this response. One other player has taken it.....Please respond with how (YOU) would select the option (a,b,c,d, etc) and then how your anticipated player would respond (a,b,c etc)........ The game is planned in the verse of the game mechanics- some moderate liberties to fill in the gaps (not concerning to you- but balance in mind); I won't go to mentioning when you are- you should worry "who" you are first before you are concerned of when or where. The black is a large place right now.&nbsp;
Hi Butch, I've replied to your questionnaire. That was good fun! Hope to hear back from you. :)
Depending on the style of the campaign I'd be interested. Would like a bit more more roleplay over roll-play.&nbsp; Oh and what was the day/time? (Time zone). I'm PST (GMT -7) over here.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hi Rerednaw-&nbsp; I prefer an even balance of roleplay and "roll-play" . I've found many of my squads before to be about 1/2 and 1/2 of this mix. It's an art balancing the two and making them sync with what the group IS and what it should/shouldn't be. I'm CST so if its 4pm here, its 2pm in CALI and 5PM in Atlanta..........I try to plan games with how many are in what time zones, and with respects to how long it takes to "spin up" the game and get it going- I try to time it for everyone to be available and reasonably able to participate without stressing. Would you like to take my questionaire?
I am interested. what day are you playing
sporefiend said: I am interested. what day are you playing HI Spore, I'm going to shoot for late weekday and early weekend games. I've got a couple buddies already I've gamed with for years on standby on west-coast time...They're definitely game for that for sure. I'm not sure what everyone else looks like atm.&nbsp; I'm world-building right now but I'd like to get an initial vector on classes each will want to play. PM me your interest further- and any questions you have. I also have a lore-centric questionnaire for you if you're interested in taking it!&nbsp;
ahoy Butch permission to come aboard?&nbsp;
Matthew t. said: ahoy Butch permission to come aboard?&nbsp; Permission granted!
Any news for those of us who filled in the questionaire? We all understand we can't all fit into a single group - but hearing back is good, if only so that we know what our own scheduling is going to look like!