Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Teach me for making up my own magic item...

So I gave out a magic dagger where when an attacker rolls 1 on the 1d4 attack it becomes a 4. My player currently is just manually adding +3 to the damage total when the damage is rolled as 1...when we remember to do this which I can't say happens 100% of the time in the heat of combat. Is there some sort of "IF imbedded statement" I can add to the dagger's attack such that 1 becomes a 4? Using the Wikis and forums I figured out Initiative macros, enlarged critical ranges and drop down windows for Sneak attacks- all super handy and  have improved the speed of our games. This seems a little harder to find guidance on the forums for. Thank you in advance from a Macro novice.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The easiest thing to do is to make a Rollable Table with the values 4,2,3,4 (or 2,3,4 with 4 double weighted), then roll that instead of a d4.  You could also roll [[{1d4+1,4d1}kl1]].  The 1d4+1 will have a range from 2-5, the 4d1 will always be 4, the kl1 (keep low 1) will pull the 5 down to a 4, giving a possible output of 2,3,4,4.

Edited 1600796206
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
EDIT - ninja'd! You could make a rollable table with three entries. Values 2 & 3 have a weight of "1", and the entry for value 4 weighted to "2". Then, write a macro replacing the normal [[ 1d4 ]] with [[ 1t[TableName] ]]. This should give you the same probabilities as what you are describing.
Wow super fast answer. Much appreciated!