Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Images, audio, video no longer work Chrome to Firefox

Started 2 days ago making a D&D campaign on Chrome. Made a PC account on Firefox to help me learn how the PC's will see things.  On Firefox, the campaign image and all profile images showed up as broken icons. But the ingame maps and icons were showing. On Chrome , everything was working. All images on the whole site and in the campaign were working.  I log on today to find that none of the maps are working for any of the pages, but now they work on Firefox? Chrome is still my default; but all the maps I can no longer see as DM on chrome can still be seen by the PC on Firefox (Not sure if others can see it on chrome, it's just me) Also I apparently have no audio or video inputs or outputs, despite using all of them on previous campaigns and this is for chrome and firefox. This is slightly annoying, how often will all my maps stop working for me forcing me to re-do everything? It's not a loading issure, I've left browser open for hours and no images load. I can download the images back into the campaign and see them but I'd rather not have to do this when I have 10's of pages set up. I've checked a handful of threads about this already. I went through all the steps, I have no addons or anything added to chrome. Plain vanilla chrome. I don't know where these logs are that I am suppose to post that shows what has or has not failed but I'd really like some help for this. Killing the buzz of being a dm.
Gold
Forum Champion
Been having problems with Roll20 on Firefox myself, for the past 1-2 weeks. Cleared the cache of my FF and reloaded, the problem persisted. Turned OFF the GIF (webm) Animations in the game, it worked slightly better but still had problems loading chat, 3d dice, and even panning the map stayed glitchy. Switched myself back to Chrome and it's working more like expected (some lag but works). I'm just guessing that there was a firefox update or roll20 update that is in conflict. I have not captured the Error log myself yet.

Edited 1600809180
Gold said: Been having problems with Roll20 on Firefox myself, for the past 1-2 weeks. Cleared the cache of my FF and reloaded, the problem persisted. Turned OFF the GIF (webm) Animations in the game, it worked slightly better but still had problems loading chat, 3d dice, and even panning the map stayed glitchy. Switched myself back to Chrome and it's working more like expected (some lag but works). I'm just guessing that there was a firefox update or roll20 update that is in conflict. I have not captured the Error log myself yet. It's working better on Firefox right now than Chrome. Which is a shame for me I like chrome more than Firefox but I guess it wouldn't hurt to switch to Firefox for roll20. Check back in a week and see if the maps load on Chrome. I'll take your advice and turn off webm animations, I had one up during character creation era. Wonder if that messed anything up. I also uploaded 10ish songs and have them all on repeat playing, so if someone comes on when I am not the music will still play for them. (Which may or may not have effected the map loading / broken image) ((Even though the maps load on Firefox; but not show on Chrome))
Gold
Forum Champion
The enable/disable animations (can be done individually start-stop on each animation but).... Go into the Gear icon (Settings above Chat), there is ENABLE ANIMATIONS checkbox for your personal tabletop overall. I think each player has to press it, i don't think the DM's choice sets it for everyone. Thus letting one person with a lower-end computer (theoretically) to disable animations, and someone with a faster videoRAM leave them enabled. I guess. So that's funny that I needed to switch back to Chrome, but you needed to switch back to Firefox, for better performance this week. Not certain that Animations or Audio are the cause of problems, but those are areas that seem to demonstrate it, by having skips and pauses, and buffering. Traditionally the well-known biggest lag of Roll20 was having TONS and TONS of character sheets (especially on larger character sheets with a lot of Fields). So if you have like 100+ monsters and PC's, that has often been a culprit. 
Gold said: The enable/disable animations (can be done individually start-stop on each animation but).... Go into the Gear icon (Settings above Chat), there is ENABLE ANIMATIONS checkbox for your personal tabletop overall. I think each player has to press it, i don't think the DM's choice sets it for everyone. Thus letting one person with a lower-end computer (theoretically) to disable animations, and someone with a faster videoRAM leave them enabled. I guess. So that's funny that I needed to switch back to Chrome, but you needed to switch back to Firefox, for better performance this week. Not certain that Animations or Audio are the cause of problems, but those are areas that seem to demonstrate it, by having skips and pauses, and buffering. Traditionally the well-known biggest lag of Roll20 was having TONS and TONS of character sheets (especially on larger character sheets with a lot of Fields). So if you have like 100+ monsters and PC's, that has often been a culprit.  Did not see the option in the settings but I did see it in each individual image. I started to not use the animations anymore; the new feeling of being able to use an animated icon has faded, my tokens are all stationary. Made a 2nd campaign to test the image theory; I used the same 2 maps that disappeared on me, put a couple tokens down on each and the 1 animated image I used before the broken image picture started showing. It's been 2 days now and nothing disappeared. I am back to using Chrome because Chrome was working, its just that 2 maps disappeared for my page setup on Chrome but still showed them on Firefox ... it's a very odd problem lol. I have firefox running along side chrome now for a PC character to test fog of war. I don't have a lot of character sheets. 4 for the PC's; I do plan on having a lot more as the story game progress'. There's roughly 11 character sheets right now, but now I'm worried about having to many haha so thanks for the heads up. While we're on that discussion is there any similar problems with the amount of Pages? I have a lot of pages, maps and "real life scenery" to give a visual on where players are. I don't want to delete them off roll20 and forget what map I used for what ... but if problems occur from too many pages I should start organizing maps used in folders instead of on roll20... I put a lot of work into being a DM and trying to add more work on top of that is something I avoid hhaha :P
Gold
Forum Champion
I personally have never found problems with having a lot of Pages. I've had up to maybe 50-60 pages in a game. Some people have said it takes longer to load if you have a lot of Pages, but I am not too sure of that. As a PRO subscriber, you can create a "Library" (Holding Tank) campaign, and use Transmogrify (a transfer/copy feature of roll20 for Pro), to move the pages or items that you currently need, into your current campaign. It doesn't sound like your game is so big that you need to do that. It would be done if you have dozens of pages (30+), dozens of PC / NPC / Monster sheets.
Gold said: I personally have never found problems with having a lot of Pages. I've had up to maybe 50-60 pages in a game. Some people have said it takes longer to load if you have a lot of Pages, but I am not too sure of that. As a PRO subscriber, you can create a "Library" (Holding Tank) campaign, and use Transmogrify (a transfer/copy feature of roll20 for Pro), to move the pages or items that you currently need, into your current campaign. It doesn't sound like your game is so big that you need to do that. It would be done if you have dozens of pages (30+), dozens of PC / NPC / Monster sheets. Once again, thank you for the info. You're right as of now my game isn't too big but with my love for roleplay and lore I am sure it will fill up in a month or so. I will definitely look into moving files over to the "library" campaign so I can easily do it when the time comes.