Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheets all gone!

Hi, I've been running a long campaign on Roll20 (LMOP into HODQ) and just ran into a problem. All the character sheets (PCs and mobs) are gone.  The problem happened after I tried to do the auto upgrade to the new dynamic lighting system. I made a backup copy of my game, and then ran the auto upgrade on the original. When I went into it after the upgrade finished, it kept crashing and wouldn't load. So I deleted that version and figured I would just stick with the backup. However, while the backup copy loads just fine and all the maps and tokens are there, none of the character sheets are there! Any ideas on how to recover? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Brian, The most likely problem is that when you made the backup, you did not select a character sheet for the backup to use. (It doesn't assume). If this is the case, the fix should be simple. Go to your game's Settings page and select the appropriate character sheet. With any luck, all will be restored hunky-dory.

Edited 1600864402
THANK YOU! That did indeed fix it. Whew, I was really worried there, thought it might have to rebuild the whole module from the start.  Has anyone suggested that they add that as a warning or popup to the backup creation process? Because that default was not at all clear, at least not from what I saw.  I also just realized that it did not keep any of the API scripts when I copied it over, which I wish I knew.