Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros, 'speaking as' and image thumbnail query.

Edited 1600867082
Seems like a simple question that I'm just a bit too dim to figure. I currently have a macro designed to allow me to use a rollable table to pull a short description of an attack - "Bob swings his sword really hard" for example - and then roll a repeatable attack. That's all working fine. I'm using /as @{selected|token_name} to have it show in the chatlog as being from the selected character, which is also working fine. However, when I use the "Speaking As" dropdown at the base of the chatlog, the game shows the image of the character next to the text. Using /as seems to leave this blank: not a major problem or anything, but it's a little frustrating. Anybody know if it's possible to have this show as if I was using the dropdown box to manually write this in? Google is failing me right now...
The Switch API script changes the speaker in the same manner as the drop-down. The /as command just alters the display name shown (useful when there isn't a character or monster with its own avatar, and you just need to speak as "Villager A" or some other fairly insignificant entity you just need for a moment).  If you use the Switch API, all actions until you change again (using the script or the dropdown box) appear as that entity. 
Switch API - sounds perfect. Many thanks!