Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My 557kb webm file failing to progress uploading

Hello, let me open by saying I am very impressed by the flexibility of the Roll20 system even as a Free user, the ability to upload webm for use as tokens and map flavor is a phenomenal idea. It's the ultimate "wow" factor I am happy to make use of, as an animator. I've been stress testing it so to speak by playing with different types of transparency and canvas sizes, and have hit a snag when trying to upload a 60 second 557kb webm with transparency at 3200x2400. The file is a loop of a moving crowd of tiny people I have moving throughout one of my town maps, to be overlayed on top of it. It simply does not progress past the "Uploading..." dialog box. It's well below the size limit so that is clearly not the issue, so I figure it must be some unlisted limit for canvas sizes or something. Maybe the system is just not cut out for such things. I've heard of people using it for animated weather effects before, so that's why I'm not so sure.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I haven't used them much beyond simple testing with small files (and very few frames), but I've heard that there can be extremely long initial loading times for animated tokens, sometimes in the tens of minutes. Not sure how long you were waiting, but it may still work if you start loading and go grab lunch or something. 
Ok thank you I will try and just let it upload for as long as my time allows