Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dragon of Icespire Peak Module Performance is Terrible!

Problem: I bought and loaded up the Dragon of Icespire Peak Module, and it is extremely laggy and maxing out my CPU. System: Using Chrome, only extension is adblocker.&nbsp; GIF showing issue :&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JTrsGgLVYlkKJhmANWH35Rhp2tZIJOMf/view?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JTrsGgLVYlkKJhmANWH35Rhp2tZIJOMf/view?usp=sharing</a> In the GIF you can see my mouse moving fine, and at times I drag and release tokens, but the tokens do not move for several seconds. I also tried to show vertical and horizontal scroll, where the system lagged and then skips pretty wildly. I have a game scheduled to start in a few days, but am a little stick at the moment. Things I Have Done: - Turned off Explorer Mode for maps. - I am keeping Dynamic Lighting on, as its why I paid for the subscription. - I turned off Vision for all non-PC tokens, which I find a bit irritating. I used Roll20 a year ago and could have 10+ tokens on the map with vision and never had an issue. I liked being able to check NPC vision as GM. - Deleted everything from my library, all I have is the purchased module loaded. - Cleared my cache. - Have not done the Chrome specific optimization settings. Some of these flags do not show up when searching, and this feels risky. If there is one I should definitely try, I will, but at first glance I didn't want to screw up my browser playing with things I do not understand. Before I pull the plug on my subscription and scheduled game, is there anything else I can do? Rob
Are you using UDL or Legacy lighting? I wouldn't use the former, as it is definitely not ready for general use, still has many bugs, and lacks feature parity with Legacy. (I have Dragon of Icespire Peak too, and haven't experienced any lag issues myself)
Hi Jay, Thanks for the reply. I turned off Updated Dynamic Lighting and it works now. How frustrating, why did they push this to PROD when it clearly does not work at all, and then include a warning message saying Legacy is going to be removed soon when it works like shit. Thanks for the help, Rob
Rob said: Hi Jay, Thanks for the reply. I turned off Updated Dynamic Lighting and it works now. How frustrating, why did they push this to PROD when it clearly does not work at all, and then include a warning message saying Legacy is going to be removed soon when it works like shit. Thanks for the help, Rob I share your frustration, Rob! Glad Icespire is running for you now, at least.
Rob said: How frustrating, why did they push this to PROD when it clearly does not work at all, and then include a warning message saying Legacy is going to be removed soon when it works like shit. That is what a lot of us want to know.
Not me.&nbsp; I've already moved on.&nbsp; Just like to come back to the forums to watch the daily dumpster fire!
Bob P. said: Not me.&nbsp; I've already moved on.&nbsp; Just like to come back to the forums to watch the daily dumpster fire! Yeah, not to stoke the fire needleless here, but Roll20's development really has sucked considering its boom in popularity. So disappointing to return to this platform after a year of inactivity and see it somehow got worse lol, that's like unheard of in today's age. It's actually depreciating lol.
I have been running DoIP For a couple weeks now… I had some trouble at first… The same as you… But I think I figured it out… At least what was causing my problem… Make sure that if you are using the UDL…that nothing in LDL is checked or it gets confused. When I first started, I had the same problem… All my players only saw black… Tried the first to switch it all to LDL and still seemed to have a problem. When I went to switch it back to UDL (which character tokens were set up for) everything clicked.&nbsp; &nbsp;Now everything seems to be working properly.&nbsp; &nbsp;So I guess just make sure your tokens and the page settings match. &nbsp;All settings for one or the other only. &nbsp;Also for some reason it seems to work better when you have the “Update on Token drop“ turned on in the page settings. Rob :)