Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to find out what an attribute name is if it doesn't show on the list?

I have a character sheet with Resource boxes on it that you can add more of if needed (they show the maximum value and the expended uses of a resource). These boxes don't appear on the list of Attributes on the Attributes and Abilities tab. I've had it before where the Attribute would appear at the bottom of the list if I simply changed the value in the box, but that's not working in this case. So, can anyone tell me how I'd be able to find out the name of those Resource box Attributes, so that I can reference them in a macro or API script, as in this case, I'm looking to use those Resource boxes for The Aaron's "Ammo" API script? Thanks, everyone.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Unless they are hidden or something, single specific attributes will show on the Attributes &amp; Abilities tab.&nbsp; Repeating section attributes that generate unique row IDs each time one is created, don't show up there.&nbsp; Referencing an attribute from a repeating section requires 3 parts: repeating section name, row ID, and attribute name.&nbsp; These will all be joined together by underscores making for a single long attribute reference.&nbsp; One way is to right click the entry on the sheet and "inspect element". A little on referencing repeating section attributes can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeating_Attributes" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Referencing_Repeating_Attributes</a>
Cool. Thanks a lot. I knew it had to be possible, but I was just hoping that I didn't have to know how to read the coding in order to find it out, you know? Thanks, again.

Edited 1600995854
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Assuming this is for 5e? The top row of resources are non-repeating: @{bob|class_resource_name} and @{bob|other_resource_name} The values all follow the same pattern for current/max values: @{bob|class_resource} / @{bob|class_resource|max} All the other resource rows follow this pattern, with the $0 increasing by 1 each row: @{bob|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left_name} and @{bob|repeating_resource_$0_resource_right_name} the values follow the same pattern, so $0_resource_left current and max values would be: @{bob|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left} / @{bob|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left|max}
Thanks, I've been trudging my way through figuring it all out from the code. LOL