Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Second Token Layer

The idea is simple. Add a second Token Layer. Name it Token Layer 2 or Object Layer if you must.  The reason? Sometimes you want tokens on the token layer but don't want them to be selected when selecting other tokens with the highlight tool. There are a number of ways this would be useful but in my experience the most useful one is furniture and objects. I am running Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and my players LOVE furnishing their tavern. I have added tons of little things to the blank tavern map such as; Stools, Tables, Beds, etc. This way they can move them as they please.  However as the GM this gets rather annoying since I too can select these objects and will do so accidentally when trying to select the characters or multiple NPCs in the tavern.  Also this would help a ton with other more niche tricks.  This layer should function like the token layer in every way but be the "Lower" layer so that the current token layer always goes on top of it. 
Spren
Sheet Author
A "Weather Layer" was in the works like 2 years ago or something. Haven't heard any updates but it was supposed to be the next thing after the dynamic lighting update.
At least a maybe frozen layer for the background map would be helpful. I usually have the problem to not destroy map alignment while working on objects I put on the map layer (because there is no object layer).
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .