Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity.

So I was goin through and making sure my campaign stuff is well in order and I tried using a script that had worked previously. I was then finding it odd when I went to the API script to restart the sandbox and I was greeted with this message. 1. 2. API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity. I tried restarting the sandbox and nothing is happening, neither reinstalling the api does anything. I have a campaign tonight and I would like to have some explanation as to why the scripts are not working.

Edited 1600976091
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It won't start the API sandbox if no one is in the game.  If you load your game in one tab and the sandbox in another, you should be able to start it back up.  In theory, it should start back up on its own when you get back in the game.
I know that. I have them both open in different tabs. Is there API server Maintenance going on today?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Mine is working fine. Sometimes refreshing your in-game VTT browser works. 
VTT?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Virtual Table Top.  He means the tab where you play the game, as opposed to the one where the scripts are running.
Like, even when I refresh everything, the API doesn't work
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Do you have any browser addons running, or have any of your addons been updated recently?  Have you tried running your game in a private browser (which should shut off all addons)?  Have you tried in both supported browsers (Firefox and Chrome) just to see if there is something browser specific that is causing problems? If none of that works, I would try creating a copy of your game, set the script up in the copy and see if it works there.  It is possible something is fishy with the server shard your game is being hosted on.  In which case, the copy might behave differently.
I tried all of those things and I'm trying to get in contact with someone from roll20
I'm having the same problem. Even tried deleting and putting the script in again.
I've had this going on for at least two days now.

Edited 1601117077
What happens if you make a copy of the game and add the scripts to the copy? Does the copied campaign work?
I am seeing this for all of my different campaigns.  Even one I just played on Wednesday.
Is there a fix for this? My scripts are not working either

Edited 1601196241
Same issue experienced by multiple persons and some experiences it with multiple games. I think it's time to create official help tickets:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</a>
Also running into this on a testbed campaign I use to write/tweak/test scripts.&nbsp; Have the game open in DM mode in another tab, have tried clicking Restart Sandbox, have tried refreshing the actual game window several times.&nbsp; Nothing seems to make the Sandbox wake up again.
Having the same issue in one of our games. Could not get the API to start no matter what we did.
Hey folks! We're looking into this issue right now. Apologies for the trouble here!
Hey everyone -&nbsp; We pushed out an update and this issue should be fixed now. Thank you for your reports and patience!