Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Green Numbers in Token Mod

It seems like the default color for token mod numbers is red, I was wondering if it could be changed to green for a specific macro. I would like to make bonuses green and penalties red. New to this stuff so I could use some help
Wes
Sheet Author
Not a definitive answer, but I'm pretty sure the red numbers are Roll20 coded, and token mod just uses them.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, I can't think of where I'd be coloring them.  What numbers are you talking about?  Can you given an example command you're running?

Edited 1601039042
Thanks for the reply. Here is a macro for Fighting Defensively in Hackmaster 5e, a player is taking a penalty to attack for a bonus to defense: &{template:hm_std} {{name=@{selected|token_name} Fights Defensively!}} !token-mod --set statusmarkers|aura:+?{modifier|4} !token-mod --set statusmarkers|all-for-one:+?{modifier|8} !token-mod --set statusmarkers|all-for-one:+?{modifier|8} I am using the Aura tokenmod to represent a bonus to Defense at the moment and I would like the number to be green to indicate a bonus instead of having to use two different tokenmbds to represent a bonus and penalty to Defense. Of course I would probably use it for bonuses to hit from spells and the like as well if i can get an easy way to add the green numbers.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are you talking about the numbers in the Status Markers?  Those are fully in the hands of the Roll20 UI, and not something the API has any control over. 
Yeah, the status markers. Sorry my nomenclature is not up to speed haha. It should be possible to make green numbers somehow though, I mean the max roll indicator on inline rolling is a green number. There is no way to use that command to make a green number in a macro? Again I am not a coder by any means and have no idea what is possible.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It would be possible for Roll20 to change the color, or even provide a system for setting the color, but it isn't something that exists currently.  If you want to indicate positive or negative with a statusmarker, I'm afraid your only option is to use two different markers (like red and green) currently.
Copy that. It seems like a pretty basic thing to me but Roll20 has been around a long time and no one has seemed to need it or want it before so... I guess I am a weirdo haha. I will make a formal request on the appropriate Forum. Thanks man!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Be sure to post a link to the suggestion here, I'm sure you'll get more votes. =D
Here is a link to my suggestion post if you want to help make this happen people:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9218525/green-numbers-for-status-markers-in-tokenmod-and-beyond/?pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9218525/green-numbers-for-status-markers-in-tokenmod-and-beyond/?pagenum=1</a>