Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] Player looking for fun and hopefully new friends.

Hi, I'm Caitlin I'm 29. I'm looking for a group that's hopefully weekly or biweekly. I'm trying to avoid drama and creepiness. I've had a bit of a hard time finding a good group because of the fact i'm a girl. I've played DnD 5e for a year now but I'd be willing to do homebrew or other games besides dnd. I'm really just looking for a fun long term campaign. I prefer evening games. I can't do Saturdays, Sundays or Wednesdays. Thanks for looking at this and hope to talk to you soon. If you have any questions hit me up
What time zone are you in? What kind of characters are you interested in?  Class, Race, backstory? High or low magic, a high or low fantasy setting? What brought you to gaming? Not a lot start gaming at 28.  I bet there's a story there. Are you interested in Science Fiction or Space Opera? Your best bet is likely going to be with a mature long-term group that actively implements a written or agreed social contract that prevents any player-player interpersonal interaction, preferably with a mixed male-female group where you are not the only female. In the past I have run groups that were 3 men, 3 women (D&D), 2 women, 4 men (James Bond), 2 men, 2 women (Traveller) or 6 players, all women, playing Game of Thrones, as a female-run and led noble house.  I have also run all-male groups, many, many times.  Especially decades ago, when few women roleplaying gamers existed. You also might want to express, as you have, that you actively want to avoid drama and creepiness, and just do not tolerate it... not that anyone would, or should, but many women who are gamers often feel like they must put up with issues like that, to the overall detriment to the hobby. If I ever run a group with any female gamers, I absolutely implement a formal Downloadable Social Contract, that I get from Squarespace.  It allows the group to specify behaviors for players, with appropriate penalties, or process of rejection from the group, so.. going in, people are agreeing to play nice, not be jerks, and it's agreed by all to be enforceable. I have had groups that became toxic, usually because of overly aggressive male players "Hitting on, or trying to date or 'hook up' with female players,"  and ejected specific players.  Normally, the more mature the group, the more everyone gets together to assist. But it sometimes comes down to removing people from the group.  Including, sometimes, overly flirty female players who like the attention from 4 to 5 males in a captive audience.   Or the jealousy between two women fighting for the alpha spot. But generally, if all of this is discussed beforehand, people will self-filter.
I'm EST but keep odd hours due to my work shift.  I'm interested in pretty much all types of characters, classes, and races. I think they all have something to offer. I've always wanted to play Dnd but was only able to start thanks to a friend running a campaign.  I like high and low fantasy. As well as science fiction and space opera.  I hope to find a group that fits and understands. I know there can be issues from both genders. I'm hoping to avoid that. 
I have no groups currently.  Trying to form interest to start one, preferably, Science Fiction / Space Opera, Via Traveller Mongoose 2nd Edition (hard to find players), or the Monte Cook Cypher System, or if that fails, One Ring (Hard to find players but they're loyal, once in), D&D 5e (easy to find players). I could do other systems, but they are so rare / unknown, it would be impossible, given my time constraints. My specific challenge is that I live retired from the US Navy in Thailand, and my hours are after I drop my wife at her work, and kids off at middle school, and daycare. So my Hours are 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM, ICT (Chiang Mai), 11 hours ahead of EST.  After that, I go to her work, and their schools, so it is a hard stop at that point.   My 9:30AM here is 10:30 PM the night before, in EST. So normally, I run games for West Coast US players online at 7:30 PM, (until around their 11:30 pm or midnight) or Australians in their morning, until lunch, that work night shift. Very difficult for most players in EST to stay up that late. So it is difficult to build a group with this time factor.  :) But I do understand your trying to avoid the harassment that occurs.
I do have a homebrew I am looking for players. the system is pathfinder if your interested?
I'm a female GM, been playing since I was 10 (and I'm in my 50's now!), and you are welcome in any of my games. Right now, I am prepping to run a AD&D 2e campaign where the players start out as 0-level commoners and through the first adventure, become a class. This is going to be a full-on campaign of old 1e and 2e modules, (currently called "2e Old School modules campaign" (this will almost certainly change). If you are interested, please do drop me a line. I'd love to have you in my campaign.
If you're still looking, and are willing to pay for a game, I've a Curse of Strahd game brewing on Friday Nights, likely. It'd be a weekly game, and I promise a safe space to play- the only creepiness in the campaign should come from Strahd and his lackeys, not the fellow players, and ESPECIALLY not the sort based off of whatever gender you are or identify as. Supposing that isn't to your liking, I'll likely have another campaign going live before too much longer, though which is up in the air while I gather folks not interested in horror- and that one should have other femme players. Same sort of deal, though, same price, just unsure what yet. If any of this sounds promising, feel free to message me with questions, comments, or concerns, and I'll leave the link to the Curse of Strahd landing page as well.&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/255791/shadow-games" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/255791/shadow-games</a>
Hey hey! I would love to host something for you. DM me, and let's talk!