Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SWADE] Savage Worlds - Graph Paper Sheet

Edited 1601486877
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
This is a new character sheet for the  Savage Worlds Adventure Edition , inspired by old-fashioned drawings on graph paper. It was originally made for my own Setting "Maschinenleben", which may or may not be released later this year. However, since I went up and beyond with the sheet, I figured it would be a waste to keep it limited to that. I have yet to open a PR into the Roll20 Master, but you can already take the HMTL, CSS, and translation from my  repository  or just take a look at the  full preview . Join the  support game  for a working preview, bug reports, and requests. Notable Features Blocks:  You can toggle various content blocks to support different Settings. So far there are blocks for Apparel (Armor), Allies, Augmentations, Engrams/Programs, Integrity/Sanity, Power Armors, Powers, Vehicles, Walkers, and Weapons. Most of them are repeating lists, so you are not limited to only one. Power Armors, Vehicles, and Walkers feature sub-lists for up to ten vehicular weapons. Each list block comes with fold-out note boxes and other toggles. Edges & Hindrances:  Due to their importance in Savage Worlds, they are organized in a tidy horizontal masonry layout that adapts to the length of each Edge/Hindrance. Within reason; that’s actually a ridiculous function and blatant abuse of the CSS sibling selector to circumvent Roll20’s blocked DOM access. Keeps everything close together and quick to find, but my developer brain cringes… Fields On Demand:  Instead of cluttering the view with fields upon fields, many of them remain hidden until required. You can reveal them via mouse hover (no touch support, sorry) and they stay visible once filled. Well, most of them; some are deemed unimportant, such as natural attributes in case of augmentations. A 0.4 seconds delay prevents the view from flickering with fields whenever you move your mouse about, which can be disabled. Not recommended, though. Customization/Settings:  Obviously, you can customize the sheet to your needs. In addition to being translatable, many fields and labels can be renamed globally in Roll20’s Game Settings or individually via the [rename_attribute]. Change styles and show/hide skills to your liking. Rules and functions can be toggled as well, such as No Power Points or Explode Run Die. A comprehensive help section, err, helps you with that. Of course, due to the amount of Savage Worlds Settings, not everything is covered right now. Make use of the Quick Notes block for things like Reputation, Street Cred, and other simple values. Roll Templates & Queries:  Trait and damage rolls have their own templates, as do run and other functions like the raise calculator or custom dice roller. Dice that show a [1] or [2] are colored red or gray respectively, making it easy to determine botches and Critical Failures. Note that Roll20 has a render issue here and might show the wrong color until you hover over the result; I could not find a way to circumvent this bug. Had to exploit some features to make this work without the API in the first place. The Wild Die is rotated to be distinguishable. You may also roll multiple dice (RoF 1-8) by using track rolls or activating the query for all skills in the Settings. The small icon button lets you reroll. Health & Fatigue:  Your character’s status at a glance! The visual interface allows you to change your Wounds/Fatigue with a simple click and toggle additional boxes. The Wound Mitigation automatically compensates penalties, if you have Nerves of Steel or similar perks. Rads just keeps track of… Rads, if that’s a thing. You can toggle various status icons to indicate conditions, though they have no effect aside from looking nice. Integrity/Sanity:  An original feature for my aforementioned Setting "Maschinenleben" (machine life), a fan product about cyborgs struggling with their loss of self. Losing Integrity/Sanity causes increasingly worse psychological disorders, activated in intervals with each fraction of 10 below 70. Right now, this cannot be modified; I might add that feature once there is an actual demand. The block is directly linked to the Loss/Strain of augmentations, but you can toggle that per augmentation. Of course, it can be disabled separately from Augmentations. The block and labels can be renamed and the system used for other purposes. fdf Ammunition:  Designed to be used with simple clicks, the Ammunition block allows you to keep track of three "magazines" which can be renamed in the Settings. The buttons allow you to quickly add or subtract rounds. You can also save a value with [S] and restore it with [R]. Extra Sheet:  You can switch the main layout for a simplified and compact alternative. Just use the small radio buttons right above the sheet. Depending on your screen size, you can place multiple popped-out sheets next to each other for better overview with multiple non-player characters. Note that the extra sheet has less features but shares the main sheet’s values. Other Features Inventory system with carry weight management Damage rolls on weapons with attribute parser (AGI, STR, …) Switchable silhouettes for your character and vehicles Color markers to indicate conditions or special features Feedback is appreciated.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Nice!

Edited 1601485695
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Finderski  said: Nice! Thanks ! Update to 1.0.2 Increased Rate of Fire range from 6 to 8 Labels were made a bit darker for better readability Improved performance by restricting CSS transitions Fixed dice parser to catch leading attributes (e.g. Str+d6) Dev Note:  The Rate of Fire range and related HTML is now derived from a single global variable in the source files, allowing further increases by simply changing a number. I believe 1-8 should be enough, but I could also make it 1-800. I wonder how Roll20 would handle that?
Kavini
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
This is honestly one of the best sheets I've ever seen on Roll20. Absolutely stellar work!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Whoa.

Edited 1601584159
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Nic B. said: This is honestly one of the best sheets I've ever seen on Roll20. Absolutely stellar work! Thank you! Glad to hear these two months were not wasted. Update to 1.1.0 Added Ammunition block that can keep track of three "magazines" Added options to rename ammunition magazines Added new help section, Ammunition: You can keep track of up to three named "magazines" in the Ammunition block. The buttons allow you to quickly add to or subtract from the values. You can save a value with [S] and restore it with [R].
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
clean The save and reset buttons on the ammunition is an interesting thing. I'm wondering if that's a good way to handle other resources like health or armor but I worry about the state values not being displayed is an issue. Maybe an on-hover popup. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This is looking really nice. Saved a copy of your work in my repo so I can find it again when I have time to check this out closer.
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Richard T. said: clean The save and reset buttons on the ammunition is an interesting thing. I'm wondering if that's a good way to handle other resources like health or armor but I worry about the state values not being displayed is an issue. Maybe an on-hover popup.  Thanks for the Feedback! I agree in regards to the saved states not being visible, this would be an issue. I rectified that. Whether or not this approach is viable for other traits depends on the game, I guess. Systems with hit points? Probably. It takes far more physical actions to change field values with a keyboard than a mouse click, to the point where I would rather use regular pencil and paper than bother with it. You can actually see that at the beginning of the gif, when I enter the initial values. Version 1.2.0 Various improvements, refactoring, and bug/style fixes Enhanced usability of damage roll toggles for repeating lists Damage codes of powers are now processed by the dice parser Added setting menu with options to some interactive list items Powers: Show Damage, Show Trapping, Roll Button (Input) Engrams: Roll Button (Input) Weapons: Show Trapping, Roll Button (Input) Added set maximum capacity to ammunition magazines Updated the sheet’s help section
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Update to 1.2.2 Improved handling for Rate of Fire Dice roller codes are now parsed Added [Query RoF] option to Engrams, Powers, and Weapons Improved performance Fixed sheet default settings not being applied Added setting option to apply Fatigue to run rolls Added damage (re-)roll buttons to Roll Templates Roll Templates now have hooks for descriptions and three custom fields Added injection hook to list rolls to allow custom code Added setting toggles for list roll descriptions and injections Added [Multiplier] option to Augmentations Added [Wild Die Override] option to Engrams, Powers, and Weapons Added [Roll Description] option to Engrams, Powers, and Weapons Added [Roll Injection] option to Engrams, Powers, and Weapons Added help entries for extra sheet, list item options, and raise damage Updated older help entries and translations Reduced HTML and CSS (I know it displays Shooting instead of Fighting, I changed that after the screenshot) That's it. There are more possible features to be added, but I think that's quite enough for now. Unless there are more critical bugs, I will open the PR soon.
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Apparently I was wrong... Version 1.2.3 Added helper button to toggle global Wild Die query Added helper button to toggle global Rate of Fire query Added helper button to toggle global Bonus Wild Die query Fixed critical bug that broke nearly all rolls (lol)
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Update to 1.2.6 Added ability to rename blocks within the sheet, not just in the Game Settings Added three configurable custom macro buttons (for UnShake, or whatever) Added global button to toggle GM only rolls Added [Ace Damage] option to list items Added setting toggle to halve the untrained skill penalty (-1 instead of -2) Added Abilities block (freeform) for special and monstrous abilities Items are permanently resizable with the arrow icon (1-6 lines) Refactored all roll macros and dice code displays in the Roll Templates Extended roll buttons for list items with a custom modifier (for these +1 weapons) Extended help section in the sheet Various CSS improvements and width constraints for translatable elements The sheet is also now live at 1.2.5 but I would recommend waiting for the 1.2.6 update. There isn't any real issue, but you may need to reset the skills of list item roll buttons, which can be inconvenient depending on how many you have. Though I suspect nobody is using the sheet right now anyway.
Hi, wow this is the best SW sheet so far (IMHO), Taking into account you want this sheet to be used in other games, I am just missing more custom skills, some games like Nova Praxis and Savage Singularity add a bunch of new Skill Specializations, this could be easily fixed here with like 10 to 20 custom skills or so (or a button to add skills like other SW sheets). Finally I am wondering how to see the font bigger, I am testing the browser zoom in and seems to work fine, but it would be cool to only zoom in the sheet. Thanks for sharing!

Edited 1604158760
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Juss said: Hi, wow this is the best SW sheet so far (IMHO), Taking into account you want this sheet to be used in other games, I am just missing more custom skills, some games like Nova Praxis and Savage Singularity add a bunch of new Skill Specializations, this could be easily fixed here with like 10 to 20 custom skills or so (or a button to add skills like other SW sheets). Finally I am wondering how to see the font bigger, I am testing the browser zoom in and seems to work fine, but it would be cool to only zoom in the sheet. Thanks for sharing! Thank you for your appreciation! With Skill Specialization, are referring to the Setting Rule that breaks down skills into separate expertises like Shooting (Pistols) or just additional skills in general? The latter can be resolved by renaming other skills (e.g. Faith, Focus, etc.) that are not needed in the setting. That alone makes 6+ skills. I will add the option to rename them inside the sheet with the next update. Adding more custom skills would be easy but it would also bloat the already large HTML further, so 20 is a bit much. Appending a repeating list, while possible, would be a mess with the feature to link list item buttons to your skills which also accounts for renaming. Not to mention the layout is not designed for a bloated list of skills; it would look terrible. In case of the Setting Rule, I deliberately decided not to support that. It's a terrible rule that I experienced as making the game less fun while adding nothing. Characters will have the specializations for their area of expertise anyway and hardly venture out. Worse, doing things different is disincentivized by this rule and it diminishes creative play. Savage Worlds is poorly suited for this kind of compartmentalization which runs contrary to its own design philosophy; I don't understand why they even added the rule, optional or not. Not even the official print sheets ever account for it. I played Nova Praxis; there should be no real issue. Nothing the note block cannot resolve. I looked quickly at Savage Singularity... I played the original. It was a terrible mess of spreadsheets and bookkeeping, slow, and more brain exercise than game. Nobody had fun and it broke our GM. I hope the Savage variant is better, though looking at the mass of skills, I'm afraid the guy who made the conversation did not fully grasp how Savage Worlds is meant to be played. So, yeah. I will add the skill renaming inside the sheet and increase the number of custom skills to six but I will not account for 50+ skills. That's not Savage Worlds. As for the font size, there is little I can do at this point. I designed the sheet for higher resolutions that can render small fonts sharp, although I also made sure that 1080p remans usable. I'm nearsighted myself and use the sheet on a 13" high-res display. But I can see the issue (haha). However, increasing the font size would break the layout. It was not designed for that and I oriented myself on the Roll20 D&D 5e sheet regarding font sizes, which are also small. I wanted to compress as much information in as little space as reasonable. Maybe that was a mistake. You can, however, change the font in the sheet's Settings tab to Helvetica Neue or Arial which are rendered more legible on lower resolutions than Roboto. Also, if you use Firefox, that browser renders text poorly since forever, nothing I can do about that.
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Version 1.2.7 Added visibility toggles for Apparel, Quick Notes, and Weapons blocks Added option to rename Apparel and Weapons blocks within the sheet Added option to rename non-default skills within the sheet Added four more custom skills for a total of six Fixed incorrect unskilled modifier in track-rolls on the Extra Sheet Fixed custom button roll templates missing control attributes As of writing this post (2020/10/31), the update is not yet live. You can take the files from the repository, though.
So, yeah. I will add the skill renaming inside the sheet and increase the number of custom skills to six but I will not account for 50+ skills. That's not Savage Worlds. Awesome! thanks for taking my comments into consideration. To be honest I have really never played Savage Worlds, I started looking into it, because I love Eclipse Phase but I hate their d100 system, and Savage Singularity seems to be a decent system but I have no experience with that, that is also why I am checking Interface Zero and Nova Praxis, to see if I can use a more solid system for the EP setting, so I appreciate your comments about these games, and how they can be played with this sheet. I am also curious if you have played Realms of Cthulhu, Achtung! , or any other Cthulhu on SW game, and if you think any of those can played with this sheet, you mentioned you have specific insanity rules, so I am hoping you could explain that further and compare it with the games you have experienced. Thanks!

Edited 1604169557
Tetrakern
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
If you are looking to play EP with Savage Worlds, I guess Nova Praxis would be the obvious choice. It was our replacement for EP, after all. We did use its own setting though, so if you want to adapt the universe of EP, you'll need to do some work. Also, this sheet is meant for the new Adventure Edition and Nova Praxis was made for the Deluxe Edition . They are mostly compatible, but there are some differences. Like the removal of Charisma, which is really for the best. In a game where you usually roll a d6 or d8 against a target number of 4, having a +4 bonus from Charisma alone is ridiculous. I would also condense the knowledge skills, there is no value in having so many since you are never going to use them. Interface Zero 2.0 is nice but is more Shadowrun than Eclipse Phase. Also made for the Deluxe Edition. The upcoming 3.0 is for SWADE but so far I'm not a fan of the new augmentation system they previewed, but I guess you need to judge that for yourself. The Setting Rules I originally made this sheet for would probably work for something like EP as well, but right now I'm not comfortable with sharing them. Mostly because I want to apply for a license and I'm not quite there yet, so I would rather not have them floating about the Internet. I did not play any Cthulhu games with SW, yet. The sheet's Integrity/Sanity system is built to work in a specific way. The bar considers 80 as the maximum and will only move if you drop below that, for example, albeit you can have more. The starting value is meant to be 80+Spirit (e.g. 86 with a d6). There are inputs for the maximum and a modifier, otherwise any Loss/Strain from augmentations is directly subtracted. Once you drop below 70/60/50/etc, the system will highlight Hindrances that you suffer at this point. They can be renamed, but the calculation in the background is hard-coded right now. I guess it can be adapted for other purposes, it's just a bit inflexible in regards to the numbers. But really, Sanity is just a single value that you can be written in the Quick Notes. You do not actually need a special system for that except to make it look fancy.