Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transfer Map to new game without Transmogrifier

Hi, Is there any way to transfer a map to a new game without having the transmogrifier? My players are visiting the same location as in a previous campaign (a customised tavern built by the previous party) and I wanted to copy and paste it over, but it does not seem to work. Is the transmogrifier my only option here? Will
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Another option is to make the map image the default character token for a character sheet, then use the Character Vault to import the map "character". Not sure if it does anything to the resolution of the image, though.
Sadly that only works with actual images and not items drawn directly onto the map, as you would with dynamic lighting walls. Guess I'm going to have to put it all across manually. Or upgrade for a single month, but kinda doubt the worth.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm, good point. I don't know of a way to port over Dynamic Lighting lines without a Pro sub :/
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If it is a map built inside the VTT then the transmogrifier is the only method that will move it, with dynamic lines included and everything in place. If it was just an image you uploaded, you could pull it from your art library and set it back up in the new game. For one map, the subscription upgrade does not make sense. If you have many maps then that makes a one month upgrade worthwhile. Just a quick question. do you have the new game created and being used right now? If not, you could make a copy of the current game then just delete everything you are not going to use.
Sadly, I can't transition them over as it would do the inverse and lose me all the maps attached to recurring places in the current game. Oh well, I'll manage. Thanks for the advice!