Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Specifically handling on/off of 3d Dice, Changing Inline roll syntax to include more complicated commands?

It would be nice if there was an option to keep 3D dice from rolling with a simple change in inline syntax for example If I do [[1d20]] It rolls dice as normal (including 3D dice) Maybe if I do [[_gm 1d20]] it disables 3D dice and only shows the results to the gm? or.... [[Disable_3d 1d20]] to disable 3d Dice for a particular roll. I feel like the 3d dice is a very nice feature and I would hate to suggest people not use it during different usage simply because it can be clunky (for example if you roll a BUNCH of dice at once for example of a time I wouldn't want to have that turned off [thinking 20 or more dice, not often that happens but still] ) I'm trying to think of combination of things that could be used that wouldn't mess with other systems syntax, maybe [[_[Hide this part] + Dont hide this part]] I'm sure there are other people with other ideas of what they would want alter the meta of the dice roll. I'm not looking to adding sort/keep highest/ etc into this new idea, they are already covered. But something that could override 3D dice for just 1 or two rolls (or that could be included in Macro's/Character sheet designs) to automatically handle these scenarios without it becoming a less immersive experience. I looked up 3d dice in the forums (didn't check archived) and i didn't see anything that specifically calls for this type of change so if this is a repeat I apologize  
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .