Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weather Overlay causing Mapping Issues

I bought these awhile ago and I'm having a odd issue, when I first load in they work fine. I have the Weather overlay on the Mapping Layer and it looks real nice and somewhere about 5-10 minutes in the fog that I have set instead just appears as a White box of color. I'd really like to have this fixed I have a session in the next 3 days and I have been excited to use these weather overlays. Please Help!
Gold
Forum Champion
Eeek. Which browser are you using? Whichever it is, try switching to the other one and see if the problem persists. (Chrome or Firefox)
I'm using Chrome. I'm unsure as to why it is happening. It seems to work fine for a little bit and then I don't know almost like the animation gets sick of running and instead just turns into white non animated boxes.
Gold
Forum Champion
I don't know why. I've seen it before on a smaller scale but it went away after refreshing. My best suggestion is switch to Firefox as a test and see if the problem remains. Would also be interesting to ask & find out if your players see the glitch at the same time, or if it's happening just in your-browser, your computer, at that time. you might end up needing to post under Bug Reports & Technical Issues for this, to get the official bug report form
Sounds good, I think I'll just see if my players can see it during our session tonight. If they can its a easy delete issue at least for this week. Thanks for the suggestion!
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
So how'd it turn out?
Didn't fix it, and it ended up just being a white box for all my players... so I just deleted the overlay off of the map. Which really sucks I spent money on that overlay that I will probably never use. :(

Edited 1603697603
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
If it's a downloadable non-animated overlay, you can always bake it into the map... it won't be a proper overlay over everything but at least you'll get the mood right, and it won't interfere with clicking. That sucks though.

Edited 1605237615
DouM
Pro
It always happen because you open a new tab. Leave Roll20 on a single window on chrome (firefox, edge, etc), and open a new chrome window for your browsing.   That's the only solution I have found so far! One day, it might get fixed!
DouM said: It always happen because you open a new tab. Leave Roll20 on a single window on chrome (firefox, edge, etc), and open a new chrome window for your browsing.   That's the only solution I have found so far! One day, it might get fixed! Yeah I hope it gets fixed as well, see the problem is now, my players have more than one tab open. So how do I say... dont open more tabs up! or youll mess up the mist seems pretty lame ><