Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handouts Only Opening Once

Just finished a game in which handouts opened beautifully.  Once closed, however, they won't open again.  Can't figure out why.  Anybody have ideas about what I am screwing up?
I noticed this exact same issue today as well. Refreshing the page doesn't seem to help the issue either.  A similar issue occurred five years ago as well and it only seemed to effect those operating on Google Chrome; FireFox did not have the same issue.
Problem is persisting--hoped it would magically resolve itself after a couple days.  Does anyone know if I might be screwing something up?  I found the reports Tayem N mentioned and was wondering if switching to Firefox would fix it.  We are using the Beyond20 extension.  Would that work with Firefox??
Just switched to Firefox to try it out and it is allowing the handouts to  re-open.  Beyond2o working too.
Same here...  Using  Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit) Every time I open a handout, I have to refresh the page to open it again. Saw an older post on tech forum here from 5 years ago talking about beat chrome, but I don't think thats the problem.
Thinrodel said: Just finished a game in which handouts opened beautifully.  Once closed, however, they won't open again.  Can't figure out why.  Anybody have ideas about what I am screwing up? Hello, I have found that the problem tends to revolve around the " Use window popouts for characters" option, using the hand out and characters in their own seperate windows tends to cause the problem. checking that box in the "My settings" section in the game and not using their individual windows seems to help.
Primmy's "fix" worked. I agree this is really frustrating. I re-made handouts several times in different manners until this. This bug did not exist a few months ago. Fix it please.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have reported it through a  Help Center Request . I urge more folks to do this. The more reports, the more focus the issue gets. IIRC, there were a number of things broken in the Chrome update near the beginning of last month (about the time of the earliest post in this thread, and reinforced by the fact that it is not an issue in FireFox). Hopefully this is something the dev team can solve without too much more time. In the meantime, as annoying as it is, there are at least some workarounds.