Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Night Vision

So whenever I enable night vision, all it does it illuminate the area around the token for the 60 feet. This didn't happen the first few sessions of the game, but now, whenever I enable dark vision under Dynamic Lighting, it just acts as if he/she is a light source illuminated 60 foot radius. Any advice/help with this?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Are you using Ctrl-L as the GM to see as the selected token? This is currently bugged in UDL, showing the vision through all characters with sight. Try Re-join as Player, or better yet create a dummy account to log in as a "real" player to see exactly what the players would see.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've just re-written the  Dummy Account  post to focus on DL testing.

Edited 1603299822
Piggy backing here because the Ctrl-L feature does not work correctly with Updated Dynamic Lighting. If I use Ctrl-L while other tokens with are on the page, the sight is for all tokens on the page, making Ctrl-L basically useless as the GM.
Sure glad I (GM)  found this post.  The Ctrl-L issue with UDL Night Vision was driving me bonkers.   Example: In the image above, Ctrl-L on the selected token. However, the token in the top right of the room is the only token with Night Vision (tinted red).  This makes the Ctrl-L useless as GM.  I'll use my dummy account to check in the interim.   Also - big map with lots of drawn dynamic lighting = tons of lag. Map: Tomb of Annihilation Chapter 5 Level 3 Explorer Mode = Off Daylight = Off Update when Dropped = Off
I did similar testing. Even when other tokens are in a light-proof box and I Ctrl+L on the one outside of said box, I see vision for all tokens on the screen. Granted, I can tell that there are light walls because of shadows, but it's still not useful as a GM.