Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wild Magic Macro

Hello, I am starting a campaign. This campaign contains a sorcerer who has wild magic. Now I want to create a macro that automatically rolls the dice and says what the effect is. So for this I would like a macro that first rolls a d20. If it rolls 1, it must roll a d100. The numbers have an effect that I want to have in the chat. How can I best do this?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could use this trick to have a pair of tables, one being a 'no effect' entry and the other being the d100 results. Hopefully it is self explanatory but shout out if you need further help :)
Without a Pro account and API access you wouldn't be able to have a conditional trigger, however, depending on the character sheet you use, you could set up a roll where the name of the roll is a clickable button that would trigger the Wild Magic Table (you'd have to set up the Wild Magic table first, obviously). That way, the player rolls the macro that will roll a d20, and then if it lands on one, the player will click on the name of it in the chat window which will then trigger the Wild Magic table to roll and output the result in the chat.
Thanks for the help, it works!