Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][5e][Free] Inexperienced Player Eager to Play

Experience: Zero gameplay. Several years watching, reading, and writing. Game Style: Narrative focused, character driven choice and consequence. Role play. Puzzles. Who doesn't love puzzles? Dynamic combat. Political intrigue. Social unrest. Regime change. Tragedy. Drinking contests. Espionage. Ancient history. Economic strife. Mysticism. Fighting tournaments. Mystery. Betrayal. Etc, etc, etc… Y'know! The juicy stuff. Additional Info: I love the art of storytelling. Collaborative storytelling sounds like a lot of fun. So, here I am. Joining or starting a long-term game and exploring the Forgotten Realms are my only preferences. However, any similarly fantastical setting is sure to be equally enjoyable and I would just be happy to play with a nice group. I'm twenty-six. Open and flexible schedule. Video and voice are preferable, though video is not necessary. PST.
Hi, Olorin, I take it PST is pacific time?  I run a game that is homebrew 5th edition, Low Fantasy (not High Fantasy), long story arcs, Lots of RP / Narrative.  Grim and Gritty 8 PM Pacific time, until 11 PM Thursday nights. We have 3 players, one dropped by surprise this morning, right before the game, looking for a 4th. We do not use video. Discord Voice. You Game style seems perfect for what I am doing with this campaign. I have been a DM for 43 years, the other three players are all DMs that never get a chance to play.  They are great at improv, and voice acting, and have formed a serious, harmonious team.   The party is 3rd level Player Characters (We started at 3rd level), 4 sessions in. The Party is trying to stem the tide of Evil in a gram and gritty situation, as the Magocracy of Valonde is pressed on all sides. Chaotic Good Duergar Dwarf Urban Bounty Hunter, now Is an Artificer Artillerist. He uses techno-magic, scavenged from old ruins.  Lawful Good Wood Elf Blood Hunter, born in the slums of the Capitol city, was a Valonden Scout, now under a curse of Lycanthropy, working as a Mercenary for a Dwarven Master. Lawful Good Human Banneret Fighter, Served in the Infantry of Valonde, now works as a mercenary for a Dwarven Master.
Thank you for the invitation! I would love to join your game. That is, so long as my lack of experience and inevitable learning curve do not detract from everyone else's enjoyment. As for character, though I'm not married to anything, my preference is as follows: A chaotic good wood-elf monk novice of a cheerful, if somewhat naive disposition, who is intent on ultimately becoming the greatest, wisest of his order. The schedule and conditions, as I read through some of your bio, are agreeable.