Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFM] [Paid] Looking for More Players in a West Marches Type Biweekly 5e Game

Edited 1609860697
Smythology
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hello! I love telling stories and D&amp;D is an amazing way for me to create interactive stories with people. I've been playing tabletop RPGs for 15 years now and have been a GM more often than a player. I've always loved writing and have been creating stories my whole life. Most of my games I've run in the same homebrew setting and have established a lore that takes hours to read through entirely. I have a Bachelor's Degree in English and in Writing as well as certification for teaching english as a second language. I am looking for dedicated players who are willing to invest almost as much time in their characters as I do in my campaigns. I enjoy running longterm games that last several years and am hoping you enjoy playing regularly. What I'm looking for: I am looking for more players to start a West Marches style game in my homebrew setting of Smythology. The campaign would focus on settling in the northernmost part of the world, known for fierce weather, strong warriors, and legendary creatures. Barbaria. Players choose downtime activities their character will help with between sessions and when they can't make a game. Feel free to play once, every now and then, or even every session! Getting in now means you get to help decide what level and what Age of Time the story will take place in. I am aiming for the first session to be 11/15/20. If all details are decided before then we will be able to jump right into the game though there will be some time beforehand to get to know the other players. I have a discord set up now with 3 players interested in starting a group. What you'd get: In addition to regular sessions and my excellent storytelling skills you'd gain access to a campaign specific OneNote file containing worldlore, session recaps, bios on all NPCs encountered, common knowledge of the land, custom items, and any homebrew campaign rules we decide on. As the adventure unfolds I will surprise the party with portraits based on the adventures. I like to vary each session's playstyle so expect some to involve more roleplay while others are more combat oriented. There are often multiple solutions to beating an enemy or solving a problem. Between sessions I like to ask players questions about their characters to help flesh out their lives. I love working a character's backstory into the main story of my quests and making them part of the larger goings on in the multiverse. Those who accomplish amazing feats of legend are added to the HALL OF HEROES, character bios that are included in every campaign I run and tell the legend of their adventurers to all future players. The things you accomplish can forever alter the history of my world setting. I run a very sandbox game and you may do anything you want. That being said the world is established and will react to you accordingly. I have different continents with different kingdoms, customs, and laws. This campaign will be less sandbox than my normal games due to the nature of players coming and going in the drop in/out style. Though if you attend regularly your character will have a bigger impact and connection to the settlement than a character that only attends a session now and then. The setting for this campaign is a harsh mountainous/tundra climate around the north pole of my world. Barbaria is known to be home to many tough nomadic tribes, fierce beasts, and rumored to house great evil in places. Your group seeks to establish a settlement there and will choose the location of settlement before the game. Also to be decided before we begin is what Age of Time to hold the campaign in. Smythology has several Ages of Time your story could take place in and each has different levels of magic and/or technology. This story could take place in the Age of Mortals, Age of Dragons, Age of Heroes, Age of New Life, or Age of Invention. I recommend one of the later periods of time if you're looking for a higher level of magic and tech. Pay Rate: The pay rate is $10/session or $30/4 sessions if sessions are 5 hours, $15/session or $50/4 sessions via Paypal plus any tips you wish to bestow upon me. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/260762/taming-barbaria" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/260762/taming-barbaria</a>
Smythology
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Update: The starting party has decided to set the game near the end of the Age of Dragons and beginning of the Age of Heroes. They have decided to travel to the proposed settlement site with the land caravan that is arriving three weeks after the first shipload of settlers has arrived. Join us as we begin Session One this Sunday at 2pm Central Time. The aim for this session will be to arrive at the proposed settlement site having braved a trip across the wilds of Barbaria. It will end with a town meeting in which the settlement's name is decided upon!