Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

The North Seat

What does anyone think of this adventure (really, a mini-setting)? I've run only one session, but just reading through the setting feels like exploring an unexpected, original world. I'm close to buying the other two books just to find out what's really going on, without knowing whether my players will even want to continue. On the other hand, if you're just curious what this product includes because the description is a bit short, I can provide some details. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/83/the-north-seat-book-one" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/module/83/the-north-seat-book-one</a>
Gold
Forum Champion
I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Looks good though, I like the drawing-like art quality of the sample images. Curious about the module's description that the world is in between scientific method &amp; dreams (?).
It is good, in my opinion. A bit rough around the edges though: typos, no dynamic lighting on maps, possible missing images, could be more generous with handouts. The sample images are a good representation of the art style. I like it too - sort of both whimsical and edgy. No artist is credited, so I assume the author was the artist. That statement in the description that it was made "using ideas of scientific method and dreams" is one of those mysteries that is keeping me hooked as a DM. Does it mean the author used the scientific method and his dreams to create the setting? If so, I'm not smart enough to see how that is yet. Or does it mean that the idea of the scientific method and the idea of dreams are both important in the setting? I'm leaning that way, because dreams, where dreams happen, and who inhabits that plane, are important in the lore. There are hints of science too, like the experiments of The Lord, an apparently-not-quite-omniscient creator god.