Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with SpellMaster API error?

Hey there, I'm hoping this is the right place. I'm having an issue with the SpellMaster API that is available on roll20. I got it set up all the way up until exporting. I want to give my players as many options as possible so I put in all the currently published spells for the game, but when I go to export, the API manager seems to think there is an infinite loop and forcibly crashes everything. Is there any way to stop it from crashing it? I know the API is working right, I can see it making progress via the messages it posts as its working through the scripts before it gets killed, so it's not infinite looping its just taking a little time which is to be expected with over 1k spells to chew through. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you link the script? Usually a "Possible Infinite Loop Detected" error indicates the script needs to be adjusted to be more asynchronous.  Probably you have a very number of objects that it is parsing and the sandbox doesn't get it's watchdog timer reset before it gets killed by the monitor.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Also, what is the command you are issuing that causes it to issue the error?
The script I am using is the one in this thread.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7420759/script-spellmaster-5e-ogl-spell-handling-script/?pageforid=7420759" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7420759/script-spellmaster-5e-ogl-spell-handling-script/?pageforid=7420759</a> The command I am issuing is "export homebrew" as the normal list it comes with is just the SRD content.

Edited 1605643626
TCM
Pro
i had the exact same problem and posted here as well.&nbsp; There are no easy answers that I found and the author is... " unavailable ". I had gone through all the work of manually adding the class to all spells in PHB and XGE and then on export ran into the same infinite loop error.&nbsp; my personal work-around was to save the spell list character to my vault and repeatedly: re-import character remove all but one level of spells export the homebrew save the generated javascript (from the character bio) to a file delete the character rinse, wash, repeat. combine all js exports to a single file and add to API Even then, his class-specific repeats are irrelevant to me and I am currently in the process of manually editing the js file to remove them.&nbsp; It's an incredibly cumbersome and ridiculous process.&nbsp; Now, with Tasha's cauldron being released I get to do it all over again. I had originally looked into SpellMaster as a way to get around the fact that R20 is fundamentally broken as relates to "Spells by Class".&nbsp; However, given that throttling is currently broken and the author has not responded to multiple asks for update, I see no reason to continue with this painful experiment. Good luck, I hope it works out better for you than it did for me.
This is concerning. I did my exports and so forth awhile back (very tedious), but if exporting is now broken, I might have to abandon the script. I've only got one player using it and SpellMaster spells don't even trigger Concentration from Combat Master, so the value is shrinking.