Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Star Trek Adventures Official Sheet by Roll20 Dice Roller Question

Edited 1605286416
Hi. I'm brand new to Roll20 and intend on using it to play Star Trek Adventures. I'm having difficulty understanding how to read the results from the dice roller when rolling for tasks. I made several tests rolls and all the results appear to be a combination of zeroes and ones. Here's an example image from the results of a Task. I rolled 4d20 with a Complication range of 1. But it's not clear to me how to read this: Thanks so much for your help!
Each number indicates how many successes a die rolled.  In this case, the first two dice rolled no successes and the second two rolled one success each.  You might occasionally see a 0 that is shaded kind of an off-red color - that indicates the die rolled a complication.  Also, you might see a die come up with 2 successes if it rolled under the focus threshold for the test. For the Combat Dice you'll see how much damage each die rolled, and if a Starfleet symbol comes up that means the die rolled an effect.
Thank you, Collin! Collin C. said: Each number indicates how many successes a die rolled.  In this case, the first two dice rolled no successes and the second two rolled one success each.  You might occasionally see a 0 that is shaded kind of an off-red color - that indicates the die rolled a complication.  Also, you might see a die come up with 2 successes if it rolled under the focus threshold for the test. For the Combat Dice you'll see how much damage each die rolled, and if a Starfleet symbol comes up that means the die rolled an effect.