Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! Newest map set available: Instant Dungeon Crawl: Magic Vehicles!

Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Instant Dungeon Crawl: Magic Vehicles No time to whip up some battle maps for magical travel? No problem! Here's your solution! For less than a dollar a map! What a deal! Includes full concept battle maps, including: a  magic train --including a magic train wreck;  magic submarine , both below the surface of the water and above; a  magic flying ship ; a  magic spacejamer ship ...even a  magic ship docked at the City of Brass on the Plane of Fire! There are also versions with cutaway views of the interiors! But that's not all! Also included are  vehicle tokens  and tracks so that you may place and play them on any map you wish! All come with grid versions. Just Add Monsters! And please check out the entire  Instant Dungeon Crawl line !
Gold
Forum Champion
Ok, this is AWESOME. The forum already knows I love your color saturation, creativity, textures, on all of the Packs. Magical vehicles, is like what I used to draw on notebooks in grade school. It's like Max Max x DND (which is also, of course, like Spelljammer, or Dark Sun, or Car Wars Fantasy).. Now to my questions, to the Artist. Can you tell the Code for the file thumbnails in the marketplace? Can you tell the TITLE for each vehicle, matched to the previews on Marketplace page? Are those filenames what will show in my Library after purchase, or will there be an ordinary-language title there (like "Submarine Vehicle No Grid"). I like how you keep the matching-ships together using alphabetical prefix on the names (a,b,c,d,e...x). So many ships!!  But is there any part of the name that tells which one is Submarine, which one is City of Brass?  I mean, I can usually tell visually, but it would be nice to see the caption/title to quickly identify. Part of your filename scheme might also be telling if it has Grid or No Grid? Is there tags or code letters for that?
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thank you very much! I haven’t used a labeling system like that and I should.  It’s mostly laziness, especially with map packs of a 100 or more items! But, it’s a good idea and I will definitely start doing that!  For this set it starts with the train cars and wreck scene, then the submarine maps, following by the flying/spelljammer maps and ending with the separate vehicle tokens. Gold said: Ok, this is AWESOME. The forum already knows I love your color saturation, creativity, textures, on all of the Packs. Magical vehicles, is like what I used to draw on notebooks in grade school. It's like Max Max x DND (which is also, of course, like Spelljammer, or Dark Sun, or Car Wars Fantasy).. Now to my questions, to the Artist. Can you tell the Code for the file thumbnails in the marketplace? Can you tell the TITLE for each vehicle, matched to the previews on Marketplace page? Are those filenames what will show in my Library after purchase, or will there be an ordinary-language title there (like "Submarine Vehicle No Grid"). I like how you keep the matching-ships together using alphabetical prefix on the names (a,b,c,d,e...x). So many ships!!  But is there any part of the name that tells which one is Submarine, which one is City of Brass?  I mean, I can usually tell visually, but it would be nice to see the caption/title to quickly identify. Part of your filename scheme might also be telling if it has Grid or No Grid? Is there tags or code letters for that?

Edited 1605398007
Gold
Forum Champion
Ok! 1. Regarding the file-names, no worries. Yours are not the worst by a long-shot. Yours fall into alphabetical order, which keeps the "like-vehicles" beside each other, for example different levels of Train Cars are adjacent to the other train cars. Sure, you could add some "Gr" (grid?), and "NoGr" (gridless?), and yes if possible it would be nice to see: a1 train, a2 train, a3 train, b1 submarine, b2 submarine, b3 submarine, and so on. In the case of your packs, this is NOT an issue that has caused problems. Your sets have been easy to use. This is just an area where I observed other Marketplace creators doing it, and it would be a slight time-saver for users at-a-glance. 2. Regardless of the file names, could you really please go to the Item Description text on your marketplace, and add that sentence: "For this set it starts with the train cars and wreck scene, then the submarine maps, following by the flying/spelljammer maps and ending with the separate vehicle tokens." I genuinely think THAT one sentence would be helpful for first-time-shoppers viewing the Marketplace page of this, and trying to decide which (if any) of these vehicles would fit into my campaign. 2.5 --- What are the options among the WRECK? Seems like I saw: Train pulling into town or train station. Train wreck without flames. Train wreck WITH flames. Is that about right? 3. Keep up the good work Patrick Von Raven said: Thank you very much! I haven’t used a labeling system like that and I should.  It’s mostly laziness, especially with map packs of a 100 or more items! But, it’s a good idea and I will definitely start doing that!  For this set it starts with the train cars and wreck scene, then the submarine maps, following by the flying/spelljammer maps and ending with the separate vehicle tokens. Gold said: Ok, this is AWESOME. The forum already knows I love your color saturation, creativity, textures, on all of the Packs. Magical vehicles, is like what I used to draw on notebooks in grade school. It's like Max Max x DND (which is also, of course, like Spelljammer, or Dark Sun, or Car Wars Fantasy).. Now to my questions, to the Artist. Can you tell the Code for the file thumbnails in the marketplace? Can you tell the TITLE for each vehicle, matched to the previews on Marketplace page? Are those filenames what will show in my Library after purchase, or will there be an ordinary-language title there (like "Submarine Vehicle No Grid"). I like how you keep the matching-ships together using alphabetical prefix on the names (a,b,c,d,e...x). So many ships!!  But is there any part of the name that tells which one is Submarine, which one is City of Brass?  I mean, I can usually tell visually, but it would be nice to see the caption/title to quickly identify. Part of your filename scheme might also be telling if it has Grid or No Grid? Is there tags or code letters for that?
Gold
Forum Champion
Also, would you please characterize the Vehicle (Token) cars for me? Gridded & Gridless of each, I can see that. I'm asking the details-intention of each Car.  I mean I can pretty much tell visually looking, but I would like to hear the artist's intent. One train car appears to be the Drivers / Pilots / Engineers car, correct???  The windshield ("windscreen" to Australians), is to the LEFT, correct, so the train is driving WEST and the drivers are looking out the front window to the west? One car is cargo... i see barrels. One car is passengers.. I see pews, benches, rows of seats. In the submarine, one level has an object in the middle, is that the Periscope?  Any others I'm missing? Whether it's a cargo-hold, engine room, caboose, or anything else like that, I would like to hear the artist's list if you can.  I'm sure I will be able to discern all these details better after dropping the graphics onto a Roll20 Page and resizing to full proper size. I'm looking at the Marketplace Thumbnails right now, and thinking about WHICH cars/graphics/tokens from this set, that would fit into my campaigns possibly. 
Gold
Forum Champion
I figured them all out! Got it now. There's like Crash (train roof), Crash (train interior), Crash with fire (roof), Crash with fire (interiors). Submarine I can see the "lid" now, the roof versions. I can see the periscope (optional to have it both On the sub roof, and also in the sub interior). Found the ship parked at the city of brass. I think it ALL MAKES SENSE to me now. Awesome set. Got me thinking of new scenarios for RPG. Thanks again, my questions are settled, you see where I was coming from in asking, mainly because of the size of the thumbnail previews. 
Patrick Von Raven
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I’m glad to hear it. Thank you! Your feedback is giving me some ideas for better labeling.