Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Powercard and multiple attacks

Edited 1605959323
Hey there, is it possible to do multiple attacks with powercards? My single attack uses pathfinder 1st rules and looks like that: !power {{ --name|Zwergische Streitaxt (Hieb) --leftsub|Nahkampfangriff --rightsub|1,5m / 5 ft --Angriffswurf:|[[ [$Atk] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? $Atk >= @{target|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Schaden:|[[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Krit. bestätigen:|[[ [$Krit] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? $Atk.base == 20 AND $Krit >= @{target|ac} ?? kritischer Schaden:|[[ [$CritDmg] 3d10 + 3*@{strength_mod} ]] --?? $Atk >= @{target|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? alterbar1|_target|@{target|token_id} _bar|1 _amount|-[^Dmg] _show|all  --?? $Atk.base == 20 and $Krit >= @{target|ac} ?? alterbar2|_target|@{target|token_id} _bar|1 _amount|-[^CritDmg] _show|all }} Lets say my fighter has a base attack of 6. Then he's able to do a second attack. Is it possible to build it in a second attack? Maybe to another target, if the first is killed by the hit? I have tried to build in a check for BAB and then start another macro if the BAB >= 6. But that doesn't seem to work. Thanks for your help and time
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You sure can, and would do it basically as you've described: --?? @{selected|BAB} >= 6 AND $Atk >= @{target|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Schaden:|[[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] Or whatever the attribute for BaB is called on the sheet. You'd need to add that condition to every 2nd attack related line and make sure you don't have duplicate tags... in the example above you'd likely change 'Schaden' to 'Schaden 2' or something equally obvious. An alternative is to give your checks nonsense, hidden, tags and use formatting in the result to mirror display: --?? $Atk >= @{target|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Schaden:|[[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|BAB} >= 6 AND $Atk >= @{target|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Schaden 2:|[[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] The above should work but if you wanted them to both be labelled 'Schaden' you could: --?? $Atk >= @{target|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? !efuhiurgh|**Schaden:** [[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|BAB} >= 6 AND $Atk >= @{target|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? !rgkjehrguegh|**Schaden:** [[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] The nonsense tags prevent duplication from breaking your macro and the ** ** formatting keeps your Schaden label bold and obvious.
Thanks Ziechael, have thought about something like that by myself. There is only one question left. Is it possible to attack different opponents without choosing them at the beginning of the powercard? I'd like to have a check to set the number of attacks. For Example: If the BAB is 6 or higher, but smaller than 12, than set Number of Attacks = 2 I would like to use that number in combination with the target command. But I don't want to choose both targets directly. I would like to choose the first target, make all rolls and if the opponent is defeated I would like to choose the second target. Is that possible? My english is a little bit limited. Hope you understand what my german brain is thinking. :D Thanks for your time and help
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Being of German descent and borderline OCD I can absolutely understand what you are thinking lol. Different targets is doable: @{target|Target 1|ac} @{target|Target 2|ac} etc But calling them only when needed is often problematic due to the order of operations... that being said I can't quite remember how powercards processes the conditionals... worth a try adding the target labels in there and seeing what fires on a single attack versus a multi (been a while since I used powercards, and never used the current version). Checking the BaB to calculate number of attacks should be easy enough too. Quick and dirty version of what I'm suggesting would be (stripped out everything bar the attacks and initial damage for ease of example): !power {{ --name|Zwergische Streitaxt (Hieb) --leftsub|Nahkampfangriff --rightsub|1,5m / 5 ft --Angriffswurf:|[[ [$Atk] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? $Atk >= @{target|Target 1|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Schaden:|[[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 6 ?? Angriffswurf 2:|[[ [$Atk2] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 6 AND $Atk2 >= @{target|Target 2|ac} AND $Atk2.base <> 20 ?? Schaden 2:|[[ [$Dmg2] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] }} You'll notice that I only check if BaB is >= 6 rather than caring about if it is lower than 11, this is because any BaB higher than 6 should trigger a second attack... you'd simply repeat the same process but check for 11+ to add a third attack in there and the 2nd would still fire as needed. 4 Attacks would look like: !power {{ --name|Zwergische Streitaxt (Hieb) --leftsub|Nahkampfangriff --rightsub|1,5m / 5 ft --Angriffswurf:|[[ [$Atk] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? $Atk >= @{target|Target 1|ac} AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Schaden:|[[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 6 ?? Angriffswurf 2:|[[ [$Atk2] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 6 AND $Atk2 >= @{target|Target 2|ac} AND $Atk2.base <> 20 ?? Schaden 2:|[[ [$Dmg2] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 11 ?? Angriffswurf 3:|[[ [$Atk3] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 11 AND $Atk3 >= @{target|Target 3|ac} AND $Atk3.base <> 20 ?? Schaden 3:|[[ [$Dmg3] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 16 ?? Angriffswurf 4:|[[ [$Atk4] 1d20 + @{melee_mod} ]] --?? @{selected|bab} >= 16 AND $Atk4 >= @{target|Target 4|ac} AND $Atk4.base <> 20 ?? Schaden 4:|[[ [$Dmg4] 1d10 + @{strength_mod} ]] }} Again, not too sure on how many target calls would be triggered even on a low bab character I'm afraid, worth a try though... worst case, you'd spam click the same target lol. The one thing that likely isn't possible without multiple calls/rerunning the same macro is setting the target after the result of each attack, again due to how macros are run. What you could  do is have a button at the end of your macro that prompted to make another attack and reran the macro but would then allow you to select a different target if required... it's all down to how complicated you want it to be/how many clicks you want to have to make/how automated you want your attack :)
Thanks alot Ziechael. I will give it a try.