Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chromebook Question

I see a lot of things that hint to it - but nothing that helps spell it out. Started playing with the family while we working from home using a work laptop. Since then one laptop had to go back to the office. and we're looking at chromebook to help replace that functionality. Is there any special considerations for getting a chrome book? We only use map display, character sheets, macros and chat box for rolls - so no voice chat or other features needed. For roll20 purposes does Chromebook count as PC or tablet? Does this require plus and/or pro? Is a modern'ish Chromebook even compatible (saw something about the tablet app pulled for now)? Anything else to consider?
Roll20 works fine on a chromebook. It's like a laptop browser experience. I've used an aging (6-years old) chromebook to play many games.
Thank you! Does it require pro or does standard/free also work?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have used my Chromebook to play. It can sometimes be a little slow to load the site, but I haven't noticed any particular lag in the actual play experience. Subscription level is immaterial.
Thank you both!