Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[UDL] All players see light - missing?

Edited 1606059339
Hello - I have been browsing topics and bugs about UDL for a while today - and it was stated that there is feature parity between LDL and UDL - but I cant find  option "All players see light" feature for tokens, which is in LDL? Am I missing something?
In UDL it's the "Token Emits Light" settings.  In LDL it was a little confusing because the token would 'emit light' that other tokens couldn't see until you checked the box for 'All Players See Light' - meaning it was darkvision or something.  In UDL those are separate - the Token Vision settings are just for the ability to see and there's a specific 'Night Vision' setting for darkvision.   So if you set the token to emit bright or low light in UDL, other tokens will be able to see if they have vision turned on.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The All Player See Light in LDL is replaced by the separation of Nightvision (effectively a light that only the token can see) and Bright/Dim Light (lights that are visible to all). Night Vision has 3 effects: None -- synonymous with an LDL Bright light that only the token could see. Dimming -- synonymous with an LDL Dim light that only the token could see. Sharpen --  synonymous with an LDL Dim light that only the token could see, with an added sharpening effect applied only where nightvision is active. Additionally, it can be tinted to further demarcate normal vision vs Nightvision.
Yeah make sense - but dark vision is "broken" atm right?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It depends on what you mean by dark vision.  What is the effect you are looking to produce?  Is it the light multiplier from LDL?
well - dark vision for characters (racials) - but that option in UDL does weird things. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I know what darkvision is from a DnD 5e mechanics standpoint.  I'm just wanting to know how you want that represented on the tabletop and where you're running into problems with it.  I've not played a game with UDL yet, but it seems like setting Nightvision to the darkvision radius and setting it to "dimming" would be the effect most similar to how I've done it in LDL.
They updated it recently and it's been really buggy
well theres mostly problem with "shared" dark vision in our campaings. but if this is intended replacement to "all players see light" it makes sence it will just take some time to get things sorted out as with all new features