Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Default Settings Questions

Edited 1606074226
I'm looking at picking up several Monster Manual books from the Market Place in addition to the books and adventure I already have.  One thing that I'd like to change - if it's possible - is the Default Token Settings.  When I pull a Monster / NPC from my Journal area, I want it to have the following set up:  Token Bar 1 (Green) Empty, for purposes of being used as Temporary Hit Points Token Bar 2 (Blue) is fine for Armor Class Token Bar 3 (Red) as the current Hit Point value and max. I'd like also to be able to turn off both Legacy and Updated Lighting for your average token, simply because it's my understanding - possibly incorrect? - that both Legacy and Updated Dynamic Lighting can suffer from lag and other issues when there's too many tokens on the board with sight and lighting. I also want to make sure that changing any of these values would not impact the Character sheet they are attached to by default. How can you set that up in the game settings and does it actually work?  If the game is already active and has had the settings previously adjusted, can I adjust them again for future sessions?  Thanks in advance and let me know if I need to clarify this a bit better.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You can change that on the Game Settings page: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Token_Defaults" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Settings_Page#Token_Defaults</a>
You don't want to link the health bar to the HP on the sheet for non-unique NPCs, as that will mean if you have a group of 4 orcs, when you reduce the HP on one of them, all the tokens will be modified the same since the bar/circle is linked to the sheet and each token is linked to the same number on the sheet.