Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

torch not working

Edited 1606091308
I have the torch API installed.  I created a character called torch and placed it on the VTT.  Made a macro "!torch 5 10 yes" and placed it on the macro bar.  With the torch character selected clicking the torch macro does nothing.  What am I missing?

Edited 1606093119
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That should work.  You have DL(legacy) enabled on the map correct?  Are you checking for the torch light by logging in as a player or CTRL+L as the GM on a token that has sight?  I don't think you'll notice anything as the GM otherwise...  Also, if you are using the UDL(beta) all bets are off. ;-(  side note: You might want to change the macro to "!torch 10 5 yes" if you want a 10' radius with a 5' dim.
Is your API still running?  Definitely check that an error hasn't been thrown by going into the API Script page.  If so, restart and try again.  If you get an error message again, post it here to see if someone can help figure out what's causing it.  If it happens regularly, you may want to install the API Heartbeat script so that you'll have a visual indication inside the game when the API stops.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Torch only works with Legacy Dynamic Lighting currently.  Are you using Updated Dynamic Lighting?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I'll save Aaron the follow-up post: if UDL, just use token-mod instead :)
Thank you all for the quick help.  The problem turned out to be that I was indeed using the updated dynamic lighting rather than the legacy.  Switching the page and the character to legacy DL did the trick.  <3 <3