Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug with damage dice?

Edited 1606092667
So I'm a DM on roll20 and creating some NPC characters using the "fill in character sheet option". I'm experiencing a problem that occurs in the "attacks" column of my sheet. So for this specific character, I've created a longbow attack, with an attack roll tick and a damage roll tick. When I click on the attack, as usual, Roll20 makes an attack roll. However, when I click on said attack to roll damage, Roll20 simply makes a blank post with no dice and no values. Oddly enough, if I untick "attack roll" and just have the attack automatically roll damage, the damage dice roll fine. Similarly, if I use the "auto roll damage and crit" option, the damage rolls fine. The problem only occurs when I roll to hit and then roll damage. Now, I can simply roll the attack and damage simultaneously if I need to for this character, as it seems to only effect this character, but I would prefer not to if I can find a fix for what I think is some kind of bug. Does anyone have any ideas? Edit: I've also found that global attack modifiers don't roll for this character, but global damage modifiers do (however again, they only show up if I auto-roll damage).
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Which game/sheet is this, Roll20 5e? Do you have a screenshot of how you've filled out the attack? And do you have any unusual characters in the NPC's name?