Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Move drawing from DM layer to Dynamic Lighting Layer?

I have just discovered that I drew in an entire map on the DM layer rather than the Dynamic Lighting Layer.  Sigh I'm trying to figure out a way to move the drawings from the DM layer to the Dynamic Lighting Layer.  According to this document the keyboard command CMD+SHIFT+, should do that (I'm using a Mac).  But, I'm not able to get it to work at all.  I can move tokens layers so I'm pretty sure I'm getting the basics of the key commands to work.  But it seems as though that doesn't work at all for drawings. Is it possible to move a drawing between layers at all?  Would seem like a useful thing.  You might want to have a drawing on the DM layer and reveal it by moving it to the map layer... Is this possible?
Small correction. I see that you can move drawings between the Map, O&T and DM Layers using the menu.  The Dynamic Lighting Layer isn't listed though.  :(
I've figured out a bit of a work-around.  It appears that you can copy/paste between layers.  This is better than nothing.  But jeeze.  I've got a lot of these and they all need to be carefully re-positioned after being pasted, AFAICT.

Edited 1606097663
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Zak B. said: I've figured out a bit of a work-around.  It appears that you can copy/paste between layers.  This is better than nothing.  But jeeze.  I've got a lot of these and they all need to be carefully re-positioned after being pasted, AFAICT. You might try highlighting and or selecting images on a layer and use right-click>advanced>group before moving them to another(either right-click and layer>(map,token,gm), use  adv. shortcut keys , or copy/cut change layer and paste)  Grouping can help keep things aligned.  Ungroup after you get them moved and positioned properly.
select the item press and hold "L" and press "," at the same time. you need to have "advanced keyboard shortcuts" enabled.
Brilliant, that worked.  Thank you.  Where is that documented? al e. said: select the item press and hold "L" and press "," at the same time. you need to have "advanced keyboard shortcuts" enabled.
<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Advanced_Shortcuts" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Advanced_Shortcuts</a>