Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Public Name versus Private Name for Sound Tracks and Test Sound Played only to DM

Hi all, I am hoping this is a minor change that wouldn't take years to implement.  I find that when I upload sound tracks, especially sound effects, I avoid naming them what they are (f/x Troll heavy breathing) because when I play them, I don't want the players to be able to simply look at the jukebox and ruin the fun of trying to figure out what the heck was that sound? My current work around is to name them something like THB.  Then of course during game play, I'm like "What the heck was THB again?"  But if I click to play it, everyone hears the sound before I am wanting them to hear it. So if the tracks could have a private name that only the DM sees and then a Public name that shows up in the jukebox to the players, that would be wonderful.  And if the DM could test the sound within Roll20 only to them self, that would help for testing (making sure volume level is appropriate and such.) Thanks, -Adam
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .